Catholic Weddings

I hate to ask a question about wording...

I looked at the recent posts on this board and didn't see anything on this topic!I'm finalizing the wording for our invitations, and I feel like it's a little awkward -- specifically the phrase "at the Nuptial Mass at which they will be united..." Anyone able to offer alternatives? The wording seems to work best when one or both sets of parents are hosting, but we'd rather keep "Together with their parents."  TIA!Invitation: Together with their parents[bride]- and -[groom]request the honour of your presenceat the Nuptial Mass at whichthey will be unitedin the Sacrament of Holy Matrimonyon Saturday, the twenty-eighth of AugustTwo thousand tenat three o'clock in the afternoonChapel of Saint Thomas AquinasUniversity of Saint ThomasSaint Paul, Minnesota

Re: I hate to ask a question about wording...

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We did: TOGETHER WITH THEIR FAMILIESMarissa Lynn Maiden &Michael Brendan LastREQUEST THE HONOR OF YOUR PRESENCEAS THEY ARE JOINED IN HOLY MATRIMONYON SATURDAY, THE TWELFTH OF SEPTEMBERTWO THOUSAND NINEAT THREE O’CLOCK IN THE AFTERNOON  
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    the Mass does not unite you.  the Mass is celebrated in honor of your marriage.we used:"JLP and PAM request the honor of your presence at their marriage in the sacrament of holy matrimony and the celebration of the nuptial mass"date, time place, etc.
  • bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it bad that our wedding hasn't happened yet and I had to go look at an invitation because I didn't remember the wording?bel138 &FITogether with their familiesInvite you to celebrate their nuptial liturgyThe rest of the invite was wordy with the reception info on there, so we wanted to keep it simple.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my invite is in bio under FAF links.  i see no reason why you'd need the line "at the Nuptial Mass... Holy Matrimony"... it's too much. 
    edited December 2011
    if you are having the Mass, it really should be mentioned on the invite.
  • periippaperiippa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input! Calypso, I completely agree that the Mass needs to be mentioned. I like the wording you used.
    edited December 2011
    peri, it was the same wording my mom used on hers back in 1966.  the only difference was she put her mom's name on there as well, so she had the tradtional wording of "Mrs. John Smith requests the honour of your presence at the marriage of her daughter, Susan Ann, to Mr. Bob Dylan, in the sacrament of holy matrimony and the celebration of the nuptial mass".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards