Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Tent Wedding Questions

Hello ATL Ladies,I am having a tented wedding in my FI's parents backyard, The tent I want to rent is a pole tent and I can only get "pole curtains" around each pole (which is also cheaper route) instead of a tent liner Any ideas on how can I make the tent not so out in the open??

Re: Tent Wedding Questions

• Options
    ncohioncohio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you mean the liner that covers the poles on the ceiling of the tent or the side panels that close off the sides of the tent? Are you worried about it being one big open space where people will wander in and out from or do you want more decoration? My brother had a tented wedding at my aunt's house and rented the sides because it looked like it was going to rain. Their wedding was at the end of May, but it was so hot under the tent with the sides up that a lot of people wandered out to cool down (they had no cooling system under there). If the backyard is really large and not fenced (my aunt's house was a big open farm), then it's sometimes hard to keep people all in one place. Of course when people spread out like that, it looks like the party died. See if you can keep people under the tent by creating false boundaries like potted plants or a limited path between the tent and the restrooms, etc. You could also hang light strands on the open sides to create a pretty barrier as well. I'm not sure if this even addresses what you asked, but in my one experience with a tented wedding, I saw this all happen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely can't help you on that. I suggest posted that question on the outdoor wedding board. I'm sure somebody on that board has learned more about tents than they ever wanted too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats exactly what I was talking about NC, thanks for that advice...also with the side wall liner I wouldnt have as much of a bug problem, I've got time but its something to tthink about   The Outdoor Weddings board doesnt usually answer my questions about tents, I dont know whats up with that
  • Options
    EarthAngel222EarthAngel222 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NCOHIO: You came through again. You are soo helpful. That's so nice.....btw, I noticed you're a student in Athens, are you at UGA? If so, I am too :)
  • Options
    ncohioncohio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, thanks! I am actually in Athens, Ohio in my 4th year of graduate school at Ohio University, but I did my undergrad in GA and my family is all there. Our quarter ends after next week and then I will have 6 weeks off to spend in Georgia. First stop: Paper Source in Virginia Highlands. : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards