Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Neon-Express DJ Service. Too Good to be True?

I found a DJ and he cost $350.00 7 hours play time. This is about 500.00 less than average. He said he only does this on the side and isnt' trying to make a living at it, he said he also rely's on word of mouth advertising and he doesn't have the expensive overhead of marketing and going to the big bridal shows and that is why the cost is so low. Has any body heard of these guys?  Neon-Express Entertainment? I know I should be leary, but maybe I just caught a break!http://www.neon-express.net/

Re: Neon-Express DJ Service. Too Good to be True?

• edited December 2011
    We're using them.  I've heard great things!
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Several knotties in the minneapolis bio (see Little Sweetie's siggy) have used them.  They always get good reviews.  We interviewed with them, but FI opted not to go with them because they didn't have an online planner and their back-up system was a little weak (i.e. it's just two guys who are sometimes both booked, so what if one gets sick and can't make it?).  Dave said he'd never missed a gig, but FI didn't want to take a chance.  We went with PM Enterprises who negotiated a good deal with us, had more DJs on hand, and an online planner. That said, I've never heard anything negative about them, only good reviews.  I think they'd do a nice job.
  • periippaperiippa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using them too! I decided to book them after hearing good reviews on this board.
  • Kambria11Kambria11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using them this weekend for our wedding. I have never heard anything bad about them. They gave us dates where they would be so we could check them out in action.
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's legit! There are reviews in the Minneapolis Bio, link in my signature.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using them. I have heard good reviews about them.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using them on August 8th.  I will let you know how it goes!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using them! I was concerned about back-up as well; I asked Dave about it and he said there is a student that they use for back-up; once she finishes school they'll work her into the rotation so that two of them are always working and one is always back-up. HTH!
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to weddings with both of the guys that do the dj'ing. They're both really great, and nice. If you want specific music, just let them know. They can get it for you. The owner is really nice, and does this work for fun and for his love of music/dj'ing.

Zuma Zoom
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dave is a co-worker of my FI (and he's doing our wedding), and the other Dj is a good friend of FI (and will be at our wedding).  They're both really great, professional guys - FI has been to weddings before where they DJ'd and said they both do a fantastic job (plus they're hilarious).  I think you'll do very well with them as your DJs.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_neon-express-dj-service-good-true?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:10332862Post:10332862">Neon-Express DJ Service. Too Good to be True?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found a DJ and he cost $350.00 7 hours play time. This is about 500.00 less than average. He said he only does this on the side and isnt' trying to make a living at it, he said he also rely's on word of mouth advertising and he doesn't have the expensive overhead of marketing and going to the big bridal shows and that is why the cost is so low. Has any body heard of these guys?  Neon-Express Entertainment? I know I should be leary, but maybe I just caught a break! <a href="http://www.neon-express.net/" rel="nofollow">http://www.neon-express.net/</a>
    Posted by LawBrideToBe[/QUOTE]
    we used them last weekend - LOVED them. Marc Ziegenhagen was our DJ. totally recommend them - very flexible and aweseome value. 
  •  we used them last weekend - LOVED them. Marc Ziegenhagen was our DJ. totally recommend them - very flexible and aweseome value. Angie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards