New York-Upstate
Options

Swing/Jazzy band in Rochester????

Anyone have a reccomendation for a swing/jazzy band in the Rochester area?? I have seen a couple of Jazz bands that were musically amazing, but not so dance-able... FH and I both have party people families and I want to make sure they can really dance!!

Re: Swing/Jazzy band in Rochester????

• Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bill Tiberio is a music teacher at Fairport HS and heads up Jazz band. He is also in a band: http://www.ptentertainment.net/I heard them at a wedding years ago, but from what I remember they were pretty good! Let me know if you find any good recommendations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!
  • Options
    gymmatesgymmates member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a band booked through Nik Entertainment Co. for our wedding next year, but due to a change of date location, will no longer be able to use them due to increased travel fees, accomodations, etc.  They offer several different options of musical groupings from a traditional rock and roll party band to a swing group and a jazz trio.  We we excited to have them play at our wedding, but unfortunately can no longer utilize their services.  The group was recommended by friends who had them play at their wedding, and said they really do a great job of keeping people on the dance floor all night.  We have also heard them play live.To secure the date with the band, we put down a deposit, which unfortunately can not be refunded to us.  However, the credit can be transferred to someone else.  If you are interested, please email me at k.kmack@gmail.com - I can forward you the information sheet that was sent to me, and answer any questions you might have.  The band is based out of Rochester, NY.  We would like to avoid losing our entire deposit, and therefore will reduce the amount on the credit transfer to anyone interested.  Basically, you get the full credit to use as you please, but for a discounted amount.Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards