Oklahoma

including maps with invitations

I'm from Stillwater...the majority of our guests are coming from either Enid, Tulsa, stillwater, and OKC.... Im getting married in Guthrie... Noone is from Guthrie on my guest list so I was going to include map quest maps with the invites... My question is... Is this tacky? I feel like its kind of necessary and i dont really feel like drawing out a map and directions. Anyone else do this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: including maps with invitations

• smicklessmickles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got married in Oct. We had most all of our guest coming in from other states and most had never been to OKC. We used a free website called weddingmapper dot com. We attached the link to our wedding website so it would take people to our map. It worked and was a great help to most. We had a lot of older people that are still not really sure what to do with a computer so we ended up including a map with directions in the invitations. You can email me if you want to see what we did. green_flyingduck at yahoo.com
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally no offense, but I think Mapquest print outs might look tacky with your formal invitations.... You can create a map using your wedding colors and print them off on nicer paper/cardstock to match your invites- here is a great link to the DIY map bio that I used to make mine :) (If it doesn't go straight to the directions, click on "planning bio")http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/default.aspx?username=MapBio&NestProfile=0 It's easier than you think- play around with it and see what you come up with!  
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I like the idea of printing out the directions and putting them on pretty paper to match my invites. Luckily the Dominion House is only one right turn once you come into Guthrie off of I-35 so its really easy so I'm probably just going to do written directions. Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am including a map in my invites... I am using www.weddingmapper.com for my map, they have instructions where you can DIY your own map (and it looks really nice), or you can pay them (Like $20 I think, depending on the detail) and they will make one for you. Definately check it out! HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    We included map inserts with our invitations, I don't think they're tacky if you do them well.  My friend made our's for us so I'm not sure what she used to make them, but if you use one of the websites/methods suggested and make them a little more formal than just a mapquest printout, you'll avoid tackiness:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards