Outdoor Weddings

Need help with colors!!!

Hi everyone. My fh and I will be getting married in May 2011. We found a gorgeous outdoor venue that we immediately fell in love with. I have a color scheme that I think will be beautiful and interesting but I want some opinions from fellow brides to be! We were thinking a slate gray for the bridesmaids dresses and groomsmen vests. A deep purple for the flowers )most likely hydrangeas and peonies). And an accent of a green...a little darker than lime green. I saw a centerpiece that I just loved...it was a bunch of limes with purple hydrangeas in the center of it. I'm just not certain if the slate gray will fit in with the purple and green but I would like a neutral.

Re: Need help with colors!!!

• I think that will be really pretty.  Just remember that you will probably change your mind a gazillion times before your wedding date.  We had a 16 month engagement and I changed my colors like 5 times.
  • I'm using very similar colors...eggplant dresses. Flowers are dark purple, magenta and lime green and I have lots sof dark silver/slate accents everywhere. I almost went with a slate dress, but decided I needed some more color in the garden where we're getting married. My wedding is in two weeks, so give me a few weeks and check out my bio for some pics on how everything looked.
  • I think those colors would be great together. I agree with Navy though. Your wedding is very far off, so there may be a good chance you'll change your mind. I changed mine at least 3 or 4 times. GL!
  • So I absolutly love these colors together, I hope you dont change your mind because it would look great!
  • Thank you everyone for your input!!!
  • I love this color combo. I think it will look great! As for changing your mind, it can happen. I knew my own colors right off the bat, though, and am sure they won't change because there is big meaning behind the choice for FI and myself. We're hoping to be authorized to do the wedding in front of our university clocktower, where we met, and our friends from our music groups will be there in their traditional uniforms (they wear medieval uniforms, which go great with our vintage/period feel), so the school colors seemed like the perfect choice: white, black, and red. We're doing a black and white wedding, with red as the accent color.Sorry for getting sidetracked there. What I wante dot get across is that you may not change your mind. In any case, beautiful choices.
  • This was my color combo. . .until I changed my mind because of where he proposed.  I had planed to put my girls in Platinum or Slate, and carry deep purple flowers.  Then FI proposed on the highway, so I changed the purple to what I'm calling "highway sign green."  And because all my girls live in different states, I've switched their dresses to black, because I figure it'll be easier to just have them each pick out their own Little Black Dress.  I still plan to accent with silver here and there.
    I'm also getting married in May of 2011.  Exciting!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards