Oregon

Suggestions in Corvallis?

Hi everyone!  I am planning from a distance (Mississippi), and could use a little help...We are getting married in Alsea in May 2010.  Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Corvallis? How about a hair stylist?  I'm originally from Springfield, but I'm not very familiar with Corvallis.  Any help would be appreciated!TIA!Christina

Re: Suggestions in Corvallis?

• edited December 2011
    The evening before my daughter's wedding, she and her BM's stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn near the OSU campus. It's more upscale than most hotels in Corvallis. They were very accomodating. Not sure what your budget is, but Corvallis has a range of hotels for most budgets. Hilton Garden Inn Corvallis 2500 SW Western Boulevard, Corvallis, Oregon, USA 97333 Tel: +1-541-752-5000 Fax: +1-541-752-5001 The next moring they went to Epic Day Spa for their hair and make-up. I have went to the owner for the past 6-7 years for my hair but they'd just opened in this beautiful location (formerly the 7 Stones Spa). We had Noah's bagels, fruit and mimosa's for a great pre-wedding morning! The experience was great and they were wonderful! We enjoyed working with everyone there! Epic Day Spa 617 SW Second Street, Corvallis, OR 97333 541-257-2140 Owner-Karla Garrett Alsea is quite rural. Is there a special reason you are marrying there? It should be beautilful in May. Good luck! ss
  • edited December 2011
    I totally suggest using The Wishbone Salon for your hair and if you need, makeup. I used Tristan and she's pretty much amazing. They are really reasonably priced.As for hotels, since I lived in Corvallis, I never have stayed in a hotel there. I know that the Hilton, like pp said, is a nice place. There is also a Holiday Inn Express, which looks nice enough.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the suggestions!  We choose Alsea because my FI's family has a beautiful piece of property right on the river.  The first time I saw it, I just knew that I wanted to get married there.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    *chose
  • edited December 2011
    Many of the Portland based stylists will travel for a nominal fee.  Nicole Wagner and AJ Lane are both raved about for both hair and makeup.
  • KarliVtobeKarliVtobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin owns Bella Capelli Salon in Corvallis.  She and her business partner do an amazing job.  It's worth a call to see if she'll do your hair for your wedding. I'm not sure if they do up-do's though. (541) 758-8089
  • VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you're not asking for breakfast recs, but you should have someone swing by New Morning Bakery morning of (if you're getting ready in Corvallis) and get some fresh baked goodies. The pecan sticky buns are to die for, along with a wide variety of other deliciousness that can be packed to-go. Yummm...
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • lindseroolindseroo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Retreat Day Spa and Salon is also a great place in Corvallis.  They have bridal packages, I believe.  Their website is www.theretreatonline.com.  Like others, I am from Corvallis so I have never stayed in a hotel there.  My aunt & uncle have stayed in the Holiday Inn Express, and were very satisfied with it.  It's pretty new and is on the edge of town (but very close to downtown), which you may find less frustrating than being close to campus.  But I don't know!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I keep you with me in my heart, you make it easier when life gets hard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards