Maine
Options

7 months to go!!

I'm getting married 7 months from today, woo!! I can't wait!
Anniversary

Re: 7 months to go!!

• Options
    mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY 7 months! Its starting to seem scary real now isnt it? My 7 month mark is next week & the thought of being so close is starting to freak me out, I need to get stuff done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're getting close!  The next 7 months will fly by!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, I am also getting married at Shawnee Peak! My wedding date is 10/2/10. I noticed we were both using Shawnee Peak so I thought I would send you a message. :-) -Katie
  • Options
    JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe you only have seven months to go.  It seems like it's flying by. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Katie, ohh, so exciting, there's never been anyone else on here getting married at Shawnee Peak! Now I'm not the only one :) Are you going to have the ceremony there too? Inside or outside? I think we're going to do outside if it's nice. Are you also renting the Shawnee Peak House? Can't wait to hear about your planning!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! I think, if it's nice, we are also going to have the ceremony outside. I was pondering the idea of having it on the deck but i'm not sure if there would be enough space. I am renting the shawnee peak house, it seems like a great place for a bunch of our relatives to stay. I think we are going to have the rehersal dinner at the shawnee peak house. Are you using the chairs that they have there? I wasn't sure if I was going to or if I would rent white ones. I really like the pictures they have on their website of the wedding there with the white chairs...but i'm not sure where to get them. Scott condon said the people rented them from someone else. Well, i'm glad I found you it will be nice to have someone else to trade notes with! -Katie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to add that I have a friend who went to a wedding at shawnee and she said the food was great. Do you know which menu you are going to go with? I'm not sure yet. They all say the word dessert at the bottom and say -some may affect the cost per person- but none are listed...do you know if they come with a dessert?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we're going to do the RD at the shawnee peak house too. Nice laid-back BBQ. Have you been in the SPH? It's definitely rustic, but the deck/backyard are nice and big, plus there's a fire pit. And we'll probably tell people they can bring their kayaks if they want to go kayaking from the dock that's nearby, or swimming even. Should be fun for people!Yeah, the deck might be small for a ceremony, and awkwardly shaped. Did Scott show you the old sugar house? It's really pretty inside, and we might do our ceremony there if we can't do it outside. Or in the Great Room, although I'm not fond of the bright yellow color on the walls.I think we are just going to use SP's chairs for the reception. I like the wooden look, and he said the ugly ones with upholstered seats are getting replaced. I don't like the green school-like chairs they had set up for a ceremony when we were there. FI wants to rent white chairs, but I feel like it's not really worth it to spend the money, since the ceremony will be short and hopefully everyone will be looking at us and not the chairs! But you can rent white chairs from a lot of places, I know there's a Party Plus in the Biddefore area and another party rental store in Lewiston-Auburn, so it wouldn't be hard to do, except just having to get them delivered and pay for them. I don't know how much they cost though.As for food, I don't know what we're doing yet. I'm glad to hear it's good though! We haven't had any of it. Scott said we didn't need to figure it out until next year. I'm not positive about dessert, but from the paperwork I got, it seems like the meals do come with a dessert, but I don't know what it is or how it would change the price of the meal. We may not even have a dessert, since we'll be having a cake.We found a fantastic DJ who's done weddings at SP before; he did one this summer (after we booked him) and Scott said he was the best DJ they've had there, so I was happy about that! If you want his info, let me know! I've also checked out some of the area florists/salons (there aren't many) if you're looking for places like that too.Sorry so long!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been in the SPH and it is rustic, but you are right about it having a nice back yard. It also sleeps a crazy amount of people which will be helpful. I'm trying to decide which relatives to invite to stay in the SPH. It is an interesting mixture of people.. :-) It will be nice for you in the summer having the lake for those activities. It will be a little chilly in October for swimming, but kayaking is still possible! I did see the old sugar house, I hadn't even thought about that for the ceremony. That is a good rainy day idea...although i'm having trouble remembering how large it is? The great room is also nice. That's good about the chairs getting replaced...I just didn't like the look of the old ones. I'm not sure if we are going to need a DJ, as my FI has a DJ in the family...but i'm not sure if he wants to use him or not. If we need one I will definatly look into your guy, sounds like a good one. I hadn't thought too much about florists yet...I have been to the one in bridgton center. There is also one in South Paris, which is about 30 mins from SP but only 15 from my house. I was looking on your wedding page and I love the lanterns that you bought. They will look really nice at SP.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards