Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

People who are Good

Today has been a negative today for I think a lot of people.  I was thinking we could talk about nice/good things people have done today/in life.Today a woman called and told me her credit card wasn't processed for an order she thought she placed.  A few days ago she called and said her package hadn't arrived and so I sent her one from our office.  (It's a small item, very low cost for us and it's too "silly" to look into it).  Anyway, she called today and let me know that the credit card never went through and she wanted to make sure she was charged for her purchase.  I appreciate that.  A lot of people wouldn't have said anything. 
My Bio Updated 4/6/10

Re: People who are Good

• Options
    My  boss is letting me work today with my door completely closed so I don't get bothered by other co-workers who want me to do things for them or make small talk.
  • Options
    A sweet old man in line at the bank today told me he thought my shoes were pretty.  I told him I thought his were pretty awesome too (he was wearing light blue nikes with velcro and they were pretty freaking awesome).  I thought he was going to cry.
  • Options
    FI and I went to dinner last night and there was a family next to us (we were at the Japanese place where you share a table).  The kids looked to be about 3 and 5 or 6.  They were so well behaved that I went up to their parents and told them that it was a relief to see kids that were so polite.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • Options
    For the three days FI has been out of town he has texted me first thing every morning and last thing every night just saying hi and that he loves me and misses me, in addition to our phone calls once or twice a day.  It makes me feel very loved and happy.
  • Options
    Man just these few posts have already brightened my day :).
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    I got an unsolicited foot rub from FI last night.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    They were so well behaved that I went up to their parents and told them that it was a relief to see kids that were so polite.I always want to do this on the rare occasion I see well behaved children in a restaurant.
  • Options
    I took Lola (dog) to Bass Pro and had her in my shopping cart.  Every time she poked her little head up, she got attacked by children's grubby hands and most of these kids didn't even pet her, they were almost hitting her.  It made me so mad!I was stern and quite mean to a few because I just don't understand how an older elementary school aged child (9-11) doesn't know how to NOT touch someone's pet.So, finally this one little boy, who looked to be about 5 said "Ma'm, can I pet your puppy, please?" And I said, "sure but do you know how?" And he replied "Yes, I need to let it sniff me first."I wanted to high-five his mom.  Seriously.
  • Options
    I just got to have lunch with DH, and he told me he was sorry I was feeling so bad and that he hoped I would be able to go home early today and relax (I came in an hour early, so I've got an hour flex time). He kissed me in the parking lot - he's getting better about that. My mom sent me an email earlier today, and told me that as soon as they got to my brother and SIL's house last night, Andy (my 4 YO nephew) asked "where's Emmie?" That made me smile.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    That is awesome, Alexia!Our neighbor kids met Milhouse for the first time the other day.  One of them was very solemn and asked, "Is he friendly towards children?" and didn't pet him until I said it was okay.  I love that.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I love good parenting stories! I wish they weren't such a surprise... I think that's why we react the way we do, which is kinda sad actually.My best friend's 5 year old just started Kindergarten, and my friend had her first standard parent-teacher conference the other day. The teacher told her that her son was "not excelling yet" but believes he will excel next year once he becomes less shy in class. As of right now, he is "average" like most of the kids. My friend's response was basically joy, acceptance and immense pride at her son for trying his best. It was so touching to hear her talk about it, and not immediately enroll him in remedial classes like I've seen so many parents do to their little ones in the hopes of raising their IQ at age 5.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Beatles that is a great story.  Sometimes I think parents want their kids to be perfect at everything rather than being the best version of themselves.I definitely think that the very low grades like preschool, kindergarden (and others) have performance levels that are heavily based on the child's personality developing.  Then again I know nothing about elementary education but that has been an observation of mine.
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    My SIL posted pictures she took at the wedding on our wedding photo-share site. It made my day to see new pics today. I wish I had more, but as far as today goes, that's about it. Oh - I went out with 2 coworkers last night and we got our "regular" waiter at Chilis that we hadn't seen in a while - he remembered us and was joking around, which helped us all after a crappy Wednesday. I left him a very nice tip as a thank you. So I guess that made us both good :)
  • Options
    Andy, ITA about the personality thing, which is obviously in the beginning stages of development at that age! :) My friend is such a great mom, she treats her kids the way she would want to be treated, and always lets them know she loves them regardless of what they are or aren't doing. They're pretty well-adjusted little boys.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I was turning left to go onto campus the other day and this guy was turning right on red, without slowing down or stopping. He almost hit me and as I was stopped at the red light a few feet ahead he honked at me rolled down his window and apologized for cutting me off/almost hitting me. Seriously made my day, I guess not all Lubbock drivers suck.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I call my FI a Scrooge due to his very anti-holiday attitude.  He wouldn't mind if if there were no chriatmas trees, lights, or garlands in the world.  He laughs at me for being a holiday decoration nut. He announced this morning that since my back is pretty bad today and i've been down lately, that we should go to Lowe's because he hears they have a huge christmas selection and we could get a few things if I want to.He's going to subject himself to holiday music and mistletoe just for me.  It's not much but it's my happy thought for the day.
  • Options
    I had 2 boxers and people ALWAYS asked me if they were Pitts.  Seriously!??!?
  • Options
    your boxer is adorable :) I have one too, & i have never understood why people think they are mean dogs. I've had so many parents pull their kids away when i walk her, but she wouldn't hurt a fly.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I normally discipline students when they write on their desks, but I found "Ms. Mylastname is awesome!" on one of the desks. That student didn't get in trouble, ha.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    S is very understanding and accommodating about my anxiety disorder and he always, always texts me when he leaves work so I know he is driving home and safe.S's mom called me yesterday and left a message and said she is so excited to see us this weekend and told me she loves me very much. It always makes me smile because she is like a second mom to me and I love her so much too.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I think people have a hard time knowing the difference between Boxers and the "mean" dogs.  Boxers are actually some of the best tempered dogs out there.  Poor things have a bad look I guess :(
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards