New York-Long Island
Options

officiant's price

Hi ladies!Please help :-) I'm trying to find out the going rates for officiants on Long Island. We are doing an interfaith ceremony with my cousin who is a Rabbi as well as his family members who are Catholic, and need a Justice of the Peace just for the actual "I do's."I'm trying to find out what the price range is in order to figure out if it's worth it to hire a JOP just for 2 minutes of the whole ceremony! Anybody?Thanks!Floryn

Re: officiant's price

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are paying $1,000 for a priest and a rabbi through the Interfaith Clergy Network (my fiance is jewish and i was raised catholic). Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My officiant was 350 and he was fabulous. Keith at NYMarriages.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the prices are so high for a 30min ceremony. I have contacted Keith but his price is 500, when did he marry you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He married us 8/29, We did the very basic ceremony and it was perfect for us.
  • Options
    portstarfgportstarfg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, ladies. One thing I've noticed in general in planning my wedding is that people vary their prices dramatically depending on the day of the week you get married, the time of day, and the time of year. Also, perhaps a regular ceremony costs more than a basic one, etc.Anyway, I had already contacted Keith, on my own, as well as one other, so it's nice to hear a recommendation, thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You'd be pretty hard pressed to find anyone less than $300-500 on the low end.  Yes, it's only for a few minutes but that's their profession and it's just how it is today.  Stick the word "wedding" to anything - limo rental, invites, dresses, etc. - and the price is marked up by at least 20%.  :)  GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards