New York-Hudson Valley

Wedding Reviews- FINALLY!

Hi everyone! I'm from Northern NJ, but was married in Poughkeepsie, NY on August 6! I actually only have a few reviews from the area as many of my vendors were from Jersey, but I can review a few things! Also, here is a link to the sneak peak of my pictures:
http://kateconnollyblog.com/2011/08/kristin-andys-wedding/

The Grandview- A+
I'm going to post my wedding wire review:
I cannot begin to describe the incredible experience we had working with The Grandview. Although this venue was over an hour away from my hometown, once we toured it, we couldn't NOT book there. From start to finish, they handled everything. Any special requests or questions I had were answered in a very timely fashion. I began to suspect that anything I wanted, they could do! We attended a tasting, which was wonderful as well.

I thought things were wonderful before the wedding, but I was blown away by the service. My now-husband and I had our own personal server who took care of us and got us anything we wanted! She even bustled my train when my bridal party was out enjoying cocktail hour. When my train broke multiple times, they fixed it.

Our guests are raving about the gorgeous scenery, food and service. Many have never been to a wedding that was so spectacular! The Viennese Hour was the icing on the cake!

We keep saying that we hope someone we know gets married there so we can go again! I could go on and on, but it was truly wonderful from start to finish.

Marianne's Floral Garden- A+
Fantastic from start to finish. First of all, she is so nice and really made me laugh. This was one area where I didn't have much of a preference aside from wanting certain colors and some Hydrangeas. Marianne made tons of suggestions. She was so professional and her finished product was BEAUTIFUL!

Shadows on the Hudson (Rehearsal Dinner)-  A-
The views were fantastic, the food was fantastic- a great party atmosphere! What bumped it down was that there wasn't a seperate room for us, but it really worked fine for our group (there were at least 80 people at our Rehearsal Dinner). I also was able to walk around and speak to each person in the bridal party individually to give them their gifts, which worked for me! So if you want something intimate, you won't get it here with a larger group, especially on a busy Friday night! But if you're ok without that, you will love it! One more thing- parking was a bit of an issue, but they had a valet and many people took the trolley from the Pok Grand!

Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel- A
A beautiful hotel! The shuttle from the hotel to The Grandview was amazing and the guests really loved this! We also took advantage of the AMAZING full breakfast each morning. Our wedding guests that were staying at other hotels were even allowed in for a fee- my parents really appreciated that! One more thing- our honeymoon suite was INCREDIBLE! My husband and I loved the room and it was great to get ready in there also!

DG Events (Photobooth)- A
They are actually out of Brooklyn, NY, but visit the area often. This was a HUGE hit! The guests loved the photobooth and our coordinator even gave extra copies to guests! I think he even stayed a bit longer than our contract stated. Really great!

Studio One Hair Design (New Paltz)- A-
Really great! We had a large bridal party to get ready! Things were moving great at first, but service stalled about so we ran behind (although I think that may have been a bit of our fault also). I loved my hair and makeup trial! My makeup lasted all night, but my hair was kinda frizzy by the end of the night- HOWEVER, it was extremely humid and rainy/I didn't reapply hair spray (totally forgot to!)- so I can't really blame it on them. Great experience!
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Wedding Reviews- FINALLY!

• edited December 2011
    So glad to hear you had such a great day! I could have written your Grandview review myself, they are wonderful! Who did your hair at Studio One?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yoko2011yoko2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best wishes and thanks for sharing!
  • PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omgosh I'm so excited by your review because I'm getting married at the Grandview next year!   So nice to hear this!  Who was your photography and videography??

Thanks for the review on Marianne's... I'm about to start looking for DJ's and florists actually!

Congratulations!
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! I'm glad your day was wonderful  :)
  • KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_wedding-reviews-finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:d2c34683-7909-4c03-a298-fdace0d1ff13Post:928279f1-d557-43ce-91d2-be19d14cb9fa">Re: Wedding Reviews- FINALLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omgosh I'm so excited by your review because I'm getting married at the Grandview next year!   So nice to hear this!  Who was your photography and videography?? Thanks for the review on Marianne's... I'm about to start looking for DJ's and florists actually! Congratulations!
    Posted by PaoPao820[/QUOTE]

All the vendors besides those listed here I had travel from NJ. I did look at Lori O'Toole though for photographs. The Grandview was THE BEST!
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very glad to see the positive review of the Grandview as well.  I get married there Oct 8th.  Congrats and thanks for sharing your experiences.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks KWats!

I actually have EID Photography, Elissa Davidson, for our photographer.  So excited for her!!  Congrats again!
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on your wedding!  I love your dress!  what brand is it and where did you get it! 
  • KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_wedding-reviews-finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:d2c34683-7909-4c03-a298-fdace0d1ff13Post:1e187579-63f8-4d6d-9f54-b5503e625771">Re: Wedding Reviews- FINALLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on your wedding!  I love your dress!  what brand is it and where did you get it! 
    Posted by pamelak8183[/QUOTE]

Thank you! It's Amsale- Tyler. I got it at a boutique in NJ. It was in The Hangover and When In Rome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards