Texas-Austin
Options

Vendor Reco?

Hi everyone, I'm having my wedding at Star Hill Ranch and was wondering if you could give me feedback on any of the following vendors: Cater: We're wanting to do an upscale comfort food menu 34th Street Catering Dagars Crave An Affair to Remember Florist: Petal Pushers Harper Ferguson from Bella Flora Creative

Re: Vendor Reco?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Petal Pushers for my wedding... they were amazing! They were the most gorgeous flowers I've ever seen... my bouquet was my absolute favorite thing about the whole wedding (well, other than the part where I got married and partied with my friends of course). And, while he's not on your list here, I'll go ahead and plug my caterer. I used Southern's Fine Dining. Chef Steve is awesome, makes delicious food, and has incredible attention to detail when it comes to presentation. He is also willing to work with just about any budget... he'll figure out something for you whatever your budget may be. [url]http://www.southernsfinedining.com/[/url] (The website isn't much right now, but he's got a new one in the works that should be up soon.) Dagar's has been in the business for a very long time. They really know their stuff, and that's a huge plus. Their food is pretty good too! I don't think you could go wrong with them either.
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Options
    atlanticatlantic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can see my review of Dagar's in my bio.  Everything was great but the best advantage to using them at Star Hill was that they really know the space and how to use it more effectively.  She was REALLY helpful with that!  The others you listed may have catered there as well -- I know Dagar's caters there all the time and I would definitely recommend using someone who knows the venue well.I loved them and had a great experience!
    Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I talked to Southern's after tasting his food at the Bridal Show: A-MAZING!! Unfortunately my venue is a pain in the ahem and wouldn't let us go off the recommended list...that's what I get fr going with a venue owned by t.u. He was super cheap and really helpful, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! The only thing I am concerned about is a caterer who hasn't done many weddings at Star Hill Ranch. I talked to one caterer and they said Star Hill Ranch doesn't really have anything they can work without there since there isn't a kitchen so I'd prefer someone who has worked there multiple times. I'm just going to go off Adam's (owner of Star Hill) recommended list and ask brides which vendors they have worked with from that last.
  • Options
    foxandsocksfoxandsocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may try Pink Avocado for a caterer. They aren't on Adam's list but they have done multiple events out there and know the lay of the land. That's who we are using and couldn't be happier so far.
  • Options
    rachaelj99rachaelj99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Pink Avocado for my Star Hill wedding. I think they have done several weddings there lately. I was pretty pleased with them overall...I have a link to reviews in my siggy. I too was very nervous about the catering set up issue at SHR. I think Pink Avocado handled it well. One thing that I think really helped was that we cleared everything out of the kitchen in the brides house so that they could have complete access to the fridge, oven, and tables in that kitchen. They were very grateful to have the extra space and the food service went very smoothly from my perspective.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the feedback!! I actually didn't have a great experience at the first stages with Pink Av. so I am moving on with another caterer. I tried Pink Avocado but I had trouble getting my idea across with them. I told them I wanted upscale comfort food and for their main dish they gave me chicken florentine w/ pomodoro sauce. I said "let's try something more southern comfort." so they gave me chicken fried chicken. But I didn't really want something fried for my main protein... and they came back and gave me chicken picatta. Then I asked them to add 1 more meat to the menu, knowing that it would cost a bit more. They added meatloaf for $8... which I thought was kind of ridiculous seeing as to how two other caterers came back with a better quality of beef: round cut... for about $8... which I thought was the better deal. *whew* that was a long rant about Pink Avocado, but I'm glad the other brides enjoyed them! I'm sure they're good but it was the whole "chemistry check" with vendors and it turned into a disappointing experience. ... so onto other caterers for me :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to be so late to this thread, but you may want to check out 2 Dine For at www.2dine4.com. We also want a "Southern comfort" upscale food menu and they drew up a proposal for us that had me drooling. Their head chef was formerly with Jeffrey's and Stephen Pyle's Star Canyon. Check out their "Holiday 2009 Menus" link at the bottom of their homepage - everything sounds completely delicious!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards