Wisconsin
Options

Outdoor Ceremony Venue

Does anyone have a good place to have an outdoor ceremony in Wisconsin? I'm from Minnesota, but I love the country out there and my in-laws live in Wisconsin, but I don't know of any places. We are looking at about 100-200 guests for the ceremony.

Re: Outdoor Ceremony Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where in WI are you planning on having your wedding? There are lot's of great parks you can look into. You can view them on each cities parks department.
  • Options
    BackpackersBackpackers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking all over Wisconsin, I recommend looking at Door County. It gets really touristy, though, so you'd have to be careful. Otherwise, I'm sure there are lots of great places in Northern Wisconsin. I've also heard that Holy Hill in Hubertus is nice. If you're looking to be near/in big cities, I agree with pp. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking like right across the MN border kind of near the cities as I don't want relatives to have too far of a drive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I am not familiar with that area of WI. Good Luck on your search!
  • Options
    BackpackersBackpackers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think any park or forest near the Mississippi would be beautiful. It seems like there's a lot directly west of the cities. Like in the River Falls area. I saw something about the Kinnickinnic State Park. Here's a link:http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/parks/specific/kinnickinnic/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    O'Donnell Park by the Milwaukee Art Museum is great.  Weisgerber's Seven Seas is nice, somewhere near Nashota.  Lake Geneva is hard to pass up on. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The La Crosse area is beautiful.  You would have your choice an area near the Mississippi River or the bluffs. 
    On September 8th 2007, I married my best friend. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should look at Door County its beautiful here, I would stay away from the Falls Months it gets way to busy here. Since it is a touristy destination and people will be traveling, it makes it seem like a mini vacation for everyone coming to the wedding. Plus there are a ton of fun things to do. Good Luck! www.doorcounty.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards