Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Invitation Question

So I am a little confused as to when I should send out invites. The wedding is May 1, 2010. We did not send out save the dates because we  just set the date a month ago. The guest list is incredibly small. It will literally be immediate family and a few friends, and they are all already aware of our date.So my question is, should I mail out the invites before Christmas to give everyone time to look into flight/accommodations, or is that way to early?Thanks in advance!

Re: Invitation Question

• Options
    rachel.wengerrachel.wenger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on January 10, 2010. We told everyone what we were doing right after we got engaged so that they were prepared. I sent the invitations this week (about 8 weeks out). We have 22 people flying out with us. Seems like it went over pretty well. I also make a group on FB so that people had an idea of what we were doing for flight/hotel and then they could figure out their own travel plans. Good Luck with everything!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's WAY too early.  I don't think I would be able to commit to something over four months out.  Standard invitation timeframe is 6-8 weeks; you can push it to 10, but any further than that and you're pretty much asking to have to hunt people down for RSVPs or to have an inaccurate headcount because people change their plans.Do you have a wedding website ready to go?  If so, I would send out an informal email to everyone, letting them know the URL.  You can put all of the information regarding their travel needs on there.  But if they already know the date, they should already be able to start looking.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    ashes_44ashes_44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m getting married the day after you and am planning on sending out the invites mid-Feb which would be 10-11 weeks. We did send STDs however but most of our guest list already knew the particulars and we have already been sending people information on hotel/flight deals we find and posting them to our wedding website. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I think I will definitely wait until February to mail the invites and I will put some information on our wedding website about accommodations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards