Outdoor Weddings
Options

Different bathroom question

I am wondering what everyone is doing for bathroom situation for farm/outdoor weddings. There are two bathrooms inside my parent’s home but not sure if we should rent bathrooms. Not thinking typical stall size port a potty but the trailer that has two separate bathrooms each with sink inside and mirrors (yes it is within our budget). We are planning for about 250 guests and not sure we want everyone going in and out of the house or overloading their well and sewer. Thanks

Re: Different bathroom question

• Options
    For 250 guests, definitely rent bathrooms!!!  I've read horror stories about that.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, you definitely want to rent them.  We only had 75 guests and 2 houses but it was still a pain, so I can't even imagine what it would be like with 250 people.  Someone has to check and make sure there's TP and hand towels and that no one has made a mess etc.
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • Options
    My sister's wedding was outside, 200 guests. They rented to avoid overloading the sewer system in the house.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I did major typo - its only 150 guests. But your input sealed it up - we're going with rentals. Thanks again
  • Options
    At my wedding we had 170 guests and only one bathroom. Fortunately the park next to my parents had a beautiful restroom facility that we were able to use (but even that only had 1 mensroom and 1 women's room. I didn't hear any complaints about the bathroom and no one was seen doing the "bathroom dance" People will adjust to whatever you have. Based on the fact it's outdoor at your parents, I'm sure people will be ready for something different - even if that means having to wait a minute to go to the bathroom. As a guest I would rather wait to use the restroom in a house or facility then use a portapotty, esp. since most people get dressed up for a wedding (indoors or outdoors)
  • Options
    My BFF rented port a potties for her wedding and they were extremely nice (not like a typical gross construction site deal) there was a special big one for to accomodate her big dress that even flushed, they had cute hand towels and mirrors as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards