Michigan-Lansing

**Caramels03**

The english inn is so pretty! You'll love it i'm sure. I would have loved to have had my wedding/reception there, but it was a little bit out of our price range.For a florist i'm pretty clueless too! Sorry. I'm using a friend from work who used to work for a florist a few years back. She's giving me everything at wholesale cost as a wedding gift. I still have to call Angie about hair/makeup. Do you know what she charges for the trial run? Is it the same as the day of?

Re: **Caramels03**

• edited December 2011
    Hi Megan!Is your wedding on a Saturday?  That may be why the English Inn was too expensive.  We're getting married on a Sunday and they don't have a minimum revenue requirement on Sundays.  What a relief, especially since we're having a small wedding (of only around 80 guests).  How many guests are you and your fiance having?I believe Angie charges $85-90 for a trial run of hair and make-up.  She charges the same thing on the day of.BTW, we sent in the check for Doves in Flight today... so we're set for 2 dove releases at our wedding!  LOL. 
  • edited December 2011
    I heard about the doves from my mom! haha that's awesome I'm sure they'll turn out great. Yeah our wedding is a lot bigger, and it is on a saturday. We are expecting about 150-175 guests. Yikes! I wanted a smaller wedding and it kept growing! Have you gotten most of your vendors minus the florist??
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that news sure travelled fast!  I only sent in the dove deposit this morning!  Haha.The only things I've booked for sure so far are the Inn, our string trio (we're going with the Four Seasons), stylist, dove release, and photographer (Brett Maxwell).  I've also picked out my gown and my sister's bridesmaid dress!  We need to pick our florist and baker over Christmas!  We are still debating about whether to have a DJ or live band... what are you doing in terms of reception music?  Are you going with a videographer?  What are your vendor picks? 
  • edited December 2011
    Ok some people think it's weird, but I talk to my mom everyday, but yes she told me at lunch that Gail had told her you guys were doing the doves, then I read your post right after lol. My vendors are:Cake: Kelly Scott - referred to me by a family friend and she does it as a side job. $300/150 servings. I honestly never tasted her cake myself, but did hear it was AWESOME from other people.Photographer - Saborah Imaging, I found him on the web, he also did my cousins weddingChurch - First Presbyterian LansingRecep. - Woldumar Nature CenterFood - We are doing ourselves YIKES! We are having a buffet to save money and are hiring people to make sure it's full, warm ect. Dress/BM dresses - Pierres Bridal Lansing (I bought prom dresses from there when I was in high school, I really like them)Florist - Friend from workInvitations/Save the dates - DIY, Martha Stewart kitDJ - Music Unlimited, Steve*I chose a DJ because of cost and we really wanted to dance to songs we new/heard on the radio ect. I think bands are great too - it maybe nice for your afternoon reception. We still need: Stylist (I have to call!), Limo probably, Linens, Bartender, BM jewelry and shoes, MOB & MIL dresses, Groomsmen attire. I think that's it... lol i'm sure there is more but those are the majors. I wasn't going to have a videographer, but my FMIL thinks we REALLY need one. So I think she's going to have a family friend do it. The hard part is that the church has such strict rules about photographing and videotaping, I don't know if it's worth the hassle. I'm not even sure I want it anyway.  Are you going to be in town at all in January? I know there are more bridal shows I believe the first week. I'm hoping to go to some myself, especially to get ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL, I don't think talking to your mom everyday is weird at all.  My mom and I email each other everyday too (she's half way around the world, so talking is a bit tougher!).Wow, sounds like you're well on your way with wedding planning!!  Nice!What do you mean you're doing your food yourselves?  Are you actually cooking your own dinner beforehand?  That's quite the undertaking, especially for 150 guests!  Wow!  Do you have rehearsal dinner plans?  We haven't really thought about that yet, but that's definitely next on the list.We'll be in town until January 3... do you know of any bridal shows happening on those few days?  That would be awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    LOL, I don't think talking to your mom everyday is weird at all. My mom and I email each other everyday too (she's half way around the world, so talking is a bit tougher!).Wow, sounds like you're well on your way with wedding planning!! Nice!What do you mean you're doing your food yourselves? Are you actually cooking your own dinner beforehand? That's quite the undertaking, especially for 150 guests! Wow! Do you have rehearsal dinner plans? We haven't really thought about that yet, but that's definitely next on the list.We'll be in town until January 3... do you know of any bridal shows happening on those few days? That would be awesome!LoL I tell some people I talk to her everyday and they think it's overkill, but she's just about as close to a best friend as your mom can be. :) By doing the food ourselves, I mean we are getting all of the food from Gordon Food Service. Then we'll have hired people to help keep it warm, serve it in the buffet ect. Since we were having a buffet it ended up being cheaper than an actual catering company. Most of the food you get at Gordons is ready to just be heated up. We were doing kind of a homestyle theme since our reception is in a barn (pulled pork, mac and cheese, corn, baked beans) that kind of stuff. LoL it's not super elegant, but it's my FI and my favorite foods and it seemed to fit. Bummer you won't be in town any longer! The next bridal show is Jan 10. I kind of thought that unless it was the very first part of January you would miss it.
  • edited December 2011
    ahh sorry I copied your post into mine by accident. Sorry that looks weird.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards