Favors
Options

Jam

Does anyone know about what it would cost to make jam for each guest? I am having 250-270 guests. Is that crazy? Could I start making the jam a couple months out and put them in air tight containters? Has anyone tried something similar to this before?

Re: Jam

• Options
    osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning the same thing! We were hoping to get it done in a day or two (wishful thinking). We are doing small containers. I think it would be around 1-1.50 a person. We are just doing them as a per family thing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about the cost, but I think the jam would stay good for a few months if they were sealed properly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about doing the same thing, only with apple butter instead of jam. Check out www.specialtybottle.com to get good prices on glass jars/lids.

To answer your question about pricing, it would depend on what type of jam you are making. Some fruit costs more than others. Stick to whatever is in season and/or on sale to get the best price. And yes, you can make it as far ahead as you want. Just make sure the jars seal, and you are good to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards