Florida-North Florida
Options

Is it wrong that I want to strangle FI right now? (Long)

Hi ladies. I haven't been posting much lately but I just had to vent about this. FI's parents are not involved in the wedding at all (they're not really involved in his life either so it's not a surprise) so I had to rely on FI and his grandmother to put together a guest list. His family is huge. 7 aunts and uncles all of whom have several adult children. They also all name their children after their brothers and sisters making it very confusing for anyone who doesn't know all of them. I had FI go over the final list twice, as well as his grandmother, and also his aunt. Well today one of his cousins friend requests him on FB and I'm like "who is that?" FI says, "oh, that's my cousin Crystal, Richie's son and Richie Jr.'s sister." My response "Who are they? I don't even have them on the wedding list!" FI's response "You don't?" and then he just walks away. WTF? We are already at capacity and I would have not invited non-family to make room for family members months ago, but somehow these people slipped through the cracks. I started freaking out and FI told me not to worry about it since he hadn't seen these cousins since he was 12, but we've invited ALL of his other cousins. The other thing is they're both married so it's 4, not just 2. I realize 4 people may not seem like that much but it's just REALLY frustrating to have to be adding people when I've gone over this list 100 times. FI says not to worry about inviting them and called it a "clerical error" but I don't know what to do! Save the dates went out a while ago so I assume they already think they're not invited but I feel terrible! Ugh! Sorry...I'm just really frustrated and needed to get this off my chest!
imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary

Re: Is it wrong that I want to strangle FI right now? (Long)

• Options
    pag41989pag41989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow... do you and me have the same FI? We ran into the same problem and we just ended up adding the extra people to the guest list. I think there was only 3.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI did this. The fun part about my situation is when not FI but rather his MOM called me out on it. Faaaantastic.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards