Ohio-Toledo
Options

cake tasting Thursday! Questions?

I talked to Kristy at The Bake Shop after reading all the positive reviews on this board. She sounds super nice and the prices are amazing! We're driving down there Thursday to taste some cake and talk about designs. I'm so excited! Are there any questions I'm supposed to ask the baker? I always come up with questions for vendors after the meetings! Also, any comments about The Bake Shop, working with Kristy, or even pictures of your cakes by her (to see what her style is/what she can do) would be appreciated! TYI!

Re: cake tasting Thursday! Questions?

• Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some of the things I wanted to know were...  What flavors are available?  What about fillings? Can I see a portfolio of your work?  Can you do the type of design I want? Is there any design/style you can't/won't do?  By what date do I have to make the final design decision?  Aside from the per-slice cost, what other fees will you charge?  Do you have a cake stand I can borrow?  Is there a rental fee for the stand?  When (what time) will you deliver the cake? And Kristy is GREAT.  She does have a huge portfolio of her work and it's all awesome!  Her cakes taste great too! :)   Here's a picture of our cake that she did:  http://geocities.com/ecapics/cake.JPG
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No advice, but I just wanted to say have fun at the meeting!  I just met with Kristy a few weeks ago (we decided to use her for our cake) and it was just fun to meet with her and look through the books of things she has done.  She's great!
  • Options
    rinoa0587rinoa0587 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    first post really covered it with advice, but if you wanna see a pic of kristy's work look in my bio. also, enjoy the drive out there, it's so pretty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Met with her this morning, we love her cake! We love the price too :-) We're going to see a few other bakers, but she's definitely the front runner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does she have a website if not can someone give me her number? Do you know how far she delivers?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bride to be 2010-- I don't know where your wedding is, but she is traveling all the way out to La Salle (near Monroe) for me.  It's more than an hour from her house.  Even with the $75 delivery fee, it's cheaper than anyone else I've found.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards