DC
Options

Invitations

I apologize if this has been posted a million times- but where did you go to get your wedding invitations? I had a few ideas, but the places I was thinking are online only. I would at least like to go and look at the different styles to decide what I want before I decide to purchase from the store or go online. Thanks!

Re: Invitations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Dandelion Patch is Vienna is recommended frequently.  If you're looking online, make sure you don't rule out Etsy.  There are some great designers and invitation-makers on there, and the prices are often substantially lower than other online vendors.  That being said, we used Wedding Paper Divas for our Thank You cards and thought they were also nicely done.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    spuliaficospuliafico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you see a couple styles you like on one of the websites, you can order just 1 sample of each with all your stuff and colors to see how you like it. That said, my friend is making mine with supplies for Paper-Source, but they also make them and you can go in and sit down with a designer and look throught their books and everything and pick what you like best...I think they're pretty reasonable but not 100% sure...I know they have a store in Alexandria and one somewhwere else but not sure where the other is.
  • Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at Paper Source they have a lot of different styles and designs. They have tons on design books for you to look at. However, we found ours at Wedding Paper Divas an online shop. They sent us a sample for free and we loved it.
  • Options
    flip4emflip4em member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at so many places online and in the stores. I think I was too afraid to commit to an invitation in case I eventually found something better so it's worth it to search everywhere. We went with Paper Source. You should look at stores in the area so you can get a feel of the paper weight and colors but then look online for discounts. Costco offers a pretty good discount on invitations through their website. My Gatsby online has pretty colors and custom invitations. Don't feel like you have to get the matching thank you notes with the invitations too. We did thank you post cards with a picture from our wedding and received many compliments on them. You can save a little on postage too.
  • Options
    psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using an online vendor as well - My Gatsby is a flexible site and one of the few I've seen with the pocket style invitation that I was looking for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards