Canada
Options

Planning Bio

So I thought I was pretty computer savy. But how do you set up/start this Planning Bio everyone has? Is it one you set up through your profile on theknot? Or do you need to set it up somewhere else? Thanks :) PS: I'm Melissa from Hamilton, Ontario!
*Melissa*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
*Our furbabies: Oski (dog), Jax (cat)*
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
~*Good luck to my BFPB's: MercierGirl, DBoo0510, mrskristend821, & NewbieLisette*~

Re: Planning Bio

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can do it through theknot as a wedding website - there should be a link on "my knot." Others have used an outside website host - I'm using weebly, others tinyurl, etc. Check out some of our pages and see what style you like, and go from there. I started with a knot bio but found I had more options with weebly. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made mine through Momentville.com, and then just put the url in my signature.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you click on your own name in one of your messages, you'll open up your Knot bio page. There are tools there to help you build your bio. Otherwise, if you don't like the Knot tools, you can also use an external site like Google Sites, Weebly, mywedding.com, etc. I liked Google Sites.If you want to put a link in your signature like most people do, there's information in my Planning Bio about how to do that (under Links & Info).Have fun! Can't wait to see your bio!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I created a wedding website for my guests on theknot, but I found the making a bio on here too hard, so I used weebly - super user friendly.  Good luck!ps. welcome to the board.
  • Options
    mel66mel66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all! I think I'll check out weebly. Everyones sites that I seen on weebly are really great. It does seem like you can do more on there. I'll have to play around it with. My FI and I have finally set a date, except we are still looking for a vendor. I hope that since it is so far off, we won't have a problem finding a venue for the date we want. June 11, 2011 will be the date I get married. I'm determined to make it work out! :)
    *Melissa*
    ~*Good luck to my BFPB's: MercierGirl, DBoo0510, mrskristend821, & NewbieLisette*~
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you will definitely have more selection when it comes to venues, but don't forget that June is very popular, and come the New Year, there will be the "Christmas Rush" of brides looking for venues as well! Good luck with the search! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mel66, Are you looking to have the wedding in Hamilton? Our ceremony and reception site is in Burlington, and they've been really great so far.
  • Options
    mel66mel66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh crap I never even thought of "Christmas Rush"! Thanks for mentioning that. I guess alot of couples get engaged around the holidays. I better buckle down and figure this out before then. PreppySailor, yeah I'm looking for venues in Hamilton. But which venue did you pick in Burlington? My FI is going as far as to want a venue that is close to where all our guests live, to make it easy for them to get home afterwards. We live on the mountain, so he wants something on the mountain.
    *Melissa*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards