Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Two Checks Off My List & Two Questions...

Hi!

I recently scheduled my wedding and reception (ceremony @ Planet Hollywood and reception at Maggianos) so I finally feel like I accomplished something wedding-related.

My questions are:
1. My ceremony ends at 5:30 and reception starts at 7:00 (to give time for us to take strip photos. Should I worry about what the guests do during that break or no because they are in vegas and can find something to do on their own (go back to their rooms, gamble, i don't know)? 

2. (Totally unrelated) I am trying on dresses for the first time this weekend and is there anything I need to bring with me (I am bringing pictures of dresses I like) to prepare? Are there any questions I should ask while dress shopping?

Thanks for your input!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Two Checks Off My List & Two Questions...

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are some big checks! Nice work! Usually when the bride and groom takes photos, this coincides with the cocktail hour. Are you having a cocktail hour? Some people on here like to rent out the double decker bus after their wedding and take their guests on a strip tour. How many guests do you have btw? Are you providing transportation for them from PH to Maggiano's?As for the dress shopping, I didn't take anything with me, just a camera that way I can see how I look in the dresses! LOL Also check to see if the store you're going to will have the undergarments for you to try on as well, if not you might want to wear at least a strapless bra. Good luck! 
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A cocktail hour would probably be best to fill that time.  I think gaps are less of a pain in Vegas than in other places, but it's also less fun to do the touristy stuff when you're killing time, you know?  It's a mental thing. 

Are you open to the idea of doing pictures before the ceremony?  That's what we did, and I highly recommend it, since it made things vastly easier and we were able to go straight from the ceremony into the reception.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's necessary to fill that time. 

As far as dress shopping...I just went with ideas of what I was looking for, a camera, and an open mind.  :)  Good luck, I had a great time shopping. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We plan on sending our guests up in our suite (where the reception takes place) right after the ceremony so they can have fun with the guest book photo corner and start nibbling. Although I should say that our wedding is at 1 pm. I don't know if it's rude or not, I wanted to give them something to do as well while we're out shooting. If they don't feel like it they can do whatever.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony is at one end of the strip and our reception is in-suite at Planet Hollywood.  We'll have an hour and 1/2 in between as well.  I figure no one needs to rush to get to the reception and its Vegas, so there is always something to do.  Or if they show up early, I am ok with that as well.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My guests all went their separate ways during our strip tour and no one seemed to mind. Everyone came to the reception, except one friend of my DH's who I am not even sure she actually was AT the wedding. She came to the reception, ate quick and was out of there.
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hmmm... an hour and a half isn't much time for a Strip tour, especially once you factor in any delays or extra photos after the ceremony in the chapel.

I agree that hiring a double decker bus and taking your guests with you, and thus providing transport to the reception would be better than leaving them to fill in an hour and a half by themselves and make their own way to the next venue.

However, as long as I had warning that this would be the case, I would probably not mind too much as a guest. I would probably go grab a drink or something and taxi-share to the reception.

Enjoy your dress shopping!

www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are taking our guests with us on the double decker bus (if they want to, of course) but I don't think that you HAVE to fill in that time.  It isn't that long of a time period--ours is longer, wedding at 1 and reception starting at 530---If you WANT to do something to fill in their time go for it but I wouldn't feel obligated to do so.

As far as dress shopping, I'm not much help....one day we (FI and I) were on our way to best buy and there was a bridal shop next store...I walked in and tried on the dress I had been eyeing online and bought it.  Luckily I had my camera with me!  I would bring that for sure...otherwise, I'm not much help there.  Good luck and have fun!
  • Options
    ANFlores003ANFlores003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! We are planning to have around 50 people attend. Does anyone know how I would go about looking into a double decker bus to take the guests with us while we do our strip photos? I haven't considered pictures before but, it is definitely an option. A cocktail hour is another great suggestion, I will check with Maggiano's about that. 

And for the dress I will bring a camera!! 

Thanks everyone for your help! I am starting to get excited. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards