West Virginia

Charleston Weddings

I am getting married June 2010.. I was planning on checking out the State Capital for the Ceremony...If anyone has had one there I would love feedback...Also I am thinking about having the reception at The Women's Club of Charleston but I've heard they book up really fast and there isn't much parking. I'd appreciate any info on the Capital and the women's club...also any other possible indoor reception ideas near the capital that allow alcohol.... Thanks

Re: Charleston Weddings

• ssunkissssunkiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you could go wrong with the Womens Club, It is beautiful and it is the closet to the Capitol. Lots of on street parking and you might ask Beni Jacob ( the Jewish temple right across the street if you could use there parking (worth the try). My Hubby and I thought about getting married at the capitol up until with decided to have a DW because the grounds and inside is so pretty. I have seen many weddings there.  We wanted to have the Reception in the culteral center but the lady who was in charge was a total butt. This was two years ago so you could try. You could try UC but I would think they would be booked (very popular) but you could try. If you are having a small wedding you could try the Craik Patton House (Very Pretty) The Moose Lodge had a big room that has lots of windows overlooking the Kanawha River ( we had our Jr Prom Here and it is nice) Lots of parkingIf You don't mind drive a little you could look at the Little Creek Country Club in South Charleston. It is Super nice and very pretty and has lots of parking. There is always the Embassy Suites which is really nice. Coonskin Park has a club and its really nice and it is really close to the capitol with plenty of parking. The Clay Center is really nice and the last time I heard the Embassy Suites caters it. Not sure on the cost. You might also look into doing the ceremony here also. The Beni Kedem Temple downtown does lots of weddings and is enexpensive with lots of parking. The mall and civic center is next door. The India Center in South Ridge is really nice and you can have your own caterers. LOTs of Parking
  • arad24arad24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married outside at the Capitol in August 2010. It is so nice. I heard it books up quickly. I didn't have a problem booking but if you are looking at June, you might wanna get in touch with them. We are having our reception at the Civic Center. We originally looked at the Marriott, but it just wasn't going to work with our budget. We were able to cut our costs in half at the civic center. Lots of parking and the people are really nice. Hope that help :)
  • bravesgirlkbbravesgirlkb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Charleston Women's Club. Our wedding is July 2010. We booked ours March 2009. If you are wanting it there I would def call ASAP. I called one time to just get info on having a reception there before we booked & they had our original date booked already so we moved it up a week. The parking is slim but there is parking on the street, plus there a church a block away they said people would be able to park there and the board of education is a block away too and they have a parking lot for use.
    -- Shane & Kristen <33 --<br>Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lovedogs87lovedogs87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at getting married at the womens center... I didd not even consider the capital. The womens center was very expensive in my opinion but very gorgous. I needed a lot of room for parking and room for a lot  people.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know what day in June you plan on getting married, but if it is June 5th, 2010 you might just hate me. I have the Capitol (outside) and the Women's Club of Charleston booked (booked them in June this year) for that day. They really do book super fast so if you want a date in June you really need to get in contact with them. Here's the upside, the Capitol has like 3 grounds outside to get married on and of course inside. For Reception there are the Women's Club of South Charleston, The Moose Lodge (you would need someone to become a member first), Coonskin, and The South Charleston Country Club (you can do Ceremony and Reception there). I know for sure all these places allow alcohol, I've checked them out. I have contact info on all of these except Coonskin so if you need any let me know, I also have contact info on a couple of DJs and caterer, etc. Godd Luck on your planning
  • edited December 2011
    The Capital is a beautiful place to get married. I did photography for a wedding there and the scene was just amazing. I had a friend that had there reception at the Women's club and it was nice. Truly no parking though. The Clay Center is beautiful but you have to get embassy to do the catering. On of my clients did the wedding at the Capital and the reception at the Clay Center and it was really well priced that rented the purple room. You enter in the back door and the room is on the right and parking is great. I should have pictures on my web site soon if you are interested. www.idowvphoto.com. Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards