New Jersey
Options

Limo/transportation for an hour?

We don't need a limo for 5 hours. OUr ceremony and reception are at the same place. I am getting ready at my grandmothers house 20 minutes away from the venue and just need transportation to the ceremony. Any suggestions?

Heather And Stephen

10-2-10

Re: Limo/transportation for an hour?

• Options
    Gabriella26Gabriella26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This was my dilema!! One Limo co's hear you are hiring for a wedding they have all these sudden requirements!
    The best deal we found was from Double Diamond Limo's our of SI (although we are getting married in Keyport and my friends used them to get married in REd Bank) It was a 3 hour package and what Im doing is having the limo pick up my girls drive them to the reception then go and pick up my groomsmen and deliver them. (my girls are 20 min away and the groomsmen are about 10) to save money on a larger limo.  The package also included an antique car so me and my pops can roll up in style =)

215 invited image 171 ready to party image 40 Missing out image 4 making us wait image RSVP Date is Oct 23rd
  • Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same issue.  I only need the limo for maybe 2 hours to pick me up, take me to the picture site and drop me off at the venue.   I'm really considering not even renting one but my family keeps telling me I have to.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Joe's Limo in Roseland will let you book for a two hour minimum. I used them to get to the church and I was very happy with them. MH booked a limo for his bachelor party since they gave us a discount because we'd booked them for the wedding, and he said that went well also.

If it's just you (and maybe one or two other people, like your parents or the MOH) getting to the ceremony, I would call a taxi company and ask if they have a towncar for hire, like the ones they use as airport chauffeurs.

Or can someone just drive you? If you want a fancy car for photos, maybe it'd be more cost-effective to just rent a nicer car from Enterprise for the day, or something like that, and have your dad or the Best Man drive you there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont really need something fancy, just something to get me there and not mess up the dress in the process. I was considering renting a car but I'll check out taxi services too. Thanks

Heather And Stephen

10-2-10

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in the same boat, we have the ceremony and reception at the venue and my parent's house where I will be getting ready is only about 20 minutes away!  It's ridiculous that every place wants you to book a package.  The first place I went, I emailed them so I didn't have to mention the word 'wedding'.  So I got quoted prices and then went to the place to check out their limos.  Then the guy tried pulling a fast one going, oh well it's a wedding, we can't do that then, you have to do the package.  Every thing in the world is blown up because the word 'wedding' is used.

We are using B&M Limo in Springfield, NJ 908-654-6111.  They are doing a pick up and drop off for us.  Good luck!  There are a few places out there that will do it.  If they ask what it's for, maybe try saying 'special occassion'.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards