Greek Weddings
Options

What do I need for wedding?

Hello, I am an American bride marrying a Greek. I am not sure exactly what I need for the ceremony. Also, I want to but together a program so my side of the family knows what is going on. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance,

Re: What do I need for wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Are you marrying someone from Greece or an American who is Greek Orthodox? I would check with the priest who's marrying you as far as what is needed. Sorry I am not more help, I am still learning as I go through the planning process! The church secretary has been a huge help for us! There are people who have templates for programs, I have one saved somewhere, email me, steenerk19@yahoo.com!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i actually found a website http://www.documentsanddesigns.com/verse/Greek_Orthodox_marriage_wedding_vows.htm that you can copy the ceremony down (depending on how much you want to list its all there) for the ceremony you dont really need anything. because the Koumbaro (the person marrying you) will provide the candeles and crowns. and youll just need a silver tray to have the crowns laying on which youll prob get as a gift, if not youll jsut have to buy one and you can even find a nice one at tjmaxx. (if you dont wnat to spend a lot) other than that, you just have to be at the church :) we dont do vows or the unity candle/sand thing

My Randomly Updated Planning Bio
    EVERYTHING FOR SALE- JUST ASK!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards