Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Crazy Dream (Long)

Apparently I've replaced the crazy wedding dreams with the crazy real life dreams.I dreamt that H was walking downstairs to the freezer and then I heard "Who the hell are you??" So, I run downstairs and find him standing over some random dude, in the corner of our utility room, threatening to beat him with a baseball bat. He yells at me to go call 911.So, I run upstairs, call 911, no one answers. I apparently am not too concerned with that because in my dream, the sheriff's station is on our property. I run across the yard and burst into their door and tell them what's going on. They tell me they can't respond because I didn't call 911. I start screaming at them, and then this other officer appears out the back room, saying he'll take care of it. Just as we walk outside, the random dude is coming out of the door to my house that connects to the basement. I start screaming that that's him. The officer has his gun drawn, but is just walking slowly toward him. I start freaking out, because the guy is getting away from our house. All of a sudden, he turns around and starts to come back, but has a gun this time. He's pointing the gun at H, and just as I'm screaming at the officer to do something, he turns around and points his gun at me. Apparently, he was working with the guy in our house.Through all of this, the cops never came out of their office. That's when I woke up. And suddenly decided that the dog needed to get out of our bed and go downstairs so she could bark if someone came in the house. And then went upstairs and shook for the next hour.  What the hell is wrong with my head?? :)

Re: Crazy Dream (Long)

• Options
    Ha! That's an awesomely random dream. WTF? You are lucky. I'm still having wedding dreams. Last night I dreamed I had to redesign my invitations even though the wedding is over. Wha???
  • Options
    Youve been watching too much tv before bed!!
  • Options
    On a similar note, this is the first week since about two weeks before the wedding that H will be back on his travel schedule. I'm thinking of sleeping in the living room already. Yes, I'm a terrible scaredy cat.
  • Options
    Bec, I had wedding dreams for about 2 weeks after. The one I remember was how I didn't really book any vendors, and our venue wouldn't hold everyone, so I was trying to throw something together on the Friday before. Then Saturday rolled around and I realized I forgot to tell the pastor, so we just pretended to get married. Nebb, that's probably it. H had like 3 Law & Order: CI's on before we went to bed.
  • Options
    Hahah thatll do it. We watched the new star trek movie late friday night, and I ended up having star trek related dreams that night. It always happens to me.
  • Options
    Aww, poor Vogt.  I'm glad you didn't have real burglar murderers.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    I normally don't tv dream, and we watch L&O or NCIS or CSI all the time before bed. But, I was stressing anyway, so maybe it just manifested into murder subconsciously. It takes a lot to get me scared by a dream though, so there must be more that was scaring me that I can't remember.And poor Molly, I threw her to the wolves so I wouldn't be scared :)Thanks Night. Me too. Super glad. Because otherwise I couldn't tell you that we switched to Verizon so I can txt you without issues now :)
  • Options
    That sounds sooo creepy!! I have crazy dreams like that when I read crazy books or watch weird movies. That'll do it everytime!!
  • Options
    I had an awesome dream last night. I dreamed that I found these really cool clocks that were like the old Felix the Cat clocks, where the eyes go back and forth, only they were owls and they "hooted" at the top of every hour. I really want that clock IRL. The night before, though, I dreamed that my kids and I lived in a big block of brownstones in some city and they kept hearing scratching noises at night. I told them it was nothing, but when I had a guy come look at my fireplace in the basement to clean it so we could use it, he told me it wasn't real and had a door behind it. All these pale little kids were hiding behind the door, and it turned out that someone in my block of houses was trafficking child slaves and hiding them in the walls. My entire dream was getting my kids out of the house and trying to prove that this woman was selling children from inside the walls to slave drivers. It was horrible. And I woke up before I could save any kids. I didn't even watch TV Saturday night!
  • Options
    Vogt, you switched just for me, huh?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Okay, that is a really weird dream, Bec.In my head, the little pale children are like roaches piling out of an opening in the wall or something. And then the see the light and scurry back where they came from. Because the light hurts their little albino eyes.Seriously, I don't think it's the tv. I think I'm messed up in the head :)
  • Options
    Of course I did. H wanted to stay with Alltel, and I put my foot down. That, and I wanted a new phone, and to do that, I had to switch to Verizon. But, I promise you're the real reason :)
  • Options
    That's exactly how they were, Vogt. Like all compacted into the walls, standing side by side and they all came flowing out when we opened the door. It still gives me the heeebie jeebies to think about it!
  • Options
    I purposefully don't watch scary things so as not to give myself nightmares.  I'm a wuss.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm getting the creeps a little bit too. Random humans appearing from nowhere without warning is never a good thing.
  • Options
    Vogt, did you keep a data plan or get rid of it?  FI is talking about getting a data plan.  I don't know how I feel about that.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to keep the pale roach-children out of my head.  ::shudders::Vogt, are you getting too warm at night?  When I'm overheated I always have crazy scary dreams.  Just a thought. 
  • Options
    Night - I don't know. We have unlimited internet, plus the add-on for GPS and live tv (well, H has that on his phone, I don't have it - I just have the internet). If they make you get the extra data plan for smartphones, then no, we didn't get that. I couldn't get rid of my blackberry soon enough. :)
  • Options
    Scarlet, I don't think so. I do notice I don't sleep as well when I am too warm, but I can't remember feeling overly warm last night.
  • Options
    What kind of phone did you end up getting?
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    The enV touch. I love it. I can finally txt without wanting to throw the phone out the window. And the screen is large enough to support a lot more websites. (I had a BB pearl before, so the screen was fairly small)
  • Options
    Hmm.  We'll have to see what appeals to us next summer.  Is it wrong that part of me just wants to stay on the phone plan with my mom and sister instead of switching to be with FI?
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    No, I don't really see a reason (except that it's one bill instead of two). Or, if you get bored with a phone, that's the time to switch onto his plan. I get bored with my phones about 6 months after I sign the contract, which is unfortunate :)
  • Options
    We just have a group unlimited text plan and I can't have that with FI.  Boo and hiss.  I also don't think I'd want an internet phone.  I already have a computer, laptop, and am at school at the time.  Maybe FI can have a data plan and I'll stay boring.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    We got a family share plan that's unlimited txting to everyone on Verizon and unlimited internet. It was only about $10/20 more than the regular package. I like having the internet because of all the email access. I rarely go to websites, and when I do, it's usually to compare prices on things, or get an address or phone number. It sounds like you're pretty connected though, so you wouldn't necessarily need it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards