Montana
Options

Any retro inspired weddings here?

I'm getting married 08/14/10 and was wondering if any other Montana brides were doing a theme wedding? We are doing something like Old Hollywood, I know it's popular right now. Anyone have ideas or suggestions to share?

Re: Any retro inspired weddings here?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are also having a 'retro' wedding. Our theme is WWII 1940's vintage, pictures in profile. You could try the vintage board for some ideas, and I have many on my profile that can help. We're trying to focus more on pinup girls, soldiers, gangsters, and me looking like Rita Hayworth. Have fun!Also, is your wedding in MT?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been lurking on the vintage board and i think i have checked your bio before. It just seems harder to find that sort of look here in the sticks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha yeah you're right but you just have to be creative. Try checking out some 2nd Hand stores for ideas, that's what I've been doing. Are you going super vintage as in everything is based from Old Hollywood or are you going with just a hint of that style?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend who did that last new year's for her wedding. She got married at the Missoula Children's Theatre, but another cool option for a retro wedding would be the Roxy or the Crystal Theatre. Both awesome!Anyhoo no matter where you are there are some cool touches to add to any old hollywood wedding. My friend had her husband photoshop pictures of them to look like old film noir movie posters (hello guestbook and savethedates)... They did "Eternity or Bust" very dramatic and cool.They also glued old films to their invitations and included "movie tickets' for guest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards