North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

OBX Wedding

Hi,
I just got married in OBX this past weekend and everything was perfect. I just want to give a shout out to all the vendors I used. They were all a joy to work with. Not to be cheesy, but it was more awesome than I ever expected and the most special day of my life.
Reception 108 Budleigh,
Rentals Shindigs,
Catering Ortega'z,
Cake Carolina Cupcakery,
Music She Bop,
Flowers Harris Teeter,
Hair/Makeup It's Royalty Salon

Re: OBX Wedding

• Options

Thats such wonderful news!
    I actually booked Budleigh and Ortegaz for my wedding day too! (not til next August though!)

How many people did you have? We are inviting 110 and hoping for no more than 80.  I was curious about the layout.

And tell me about your menu!! Thats my favorite part!

Congrats!!!

• Options
    Thanks for sharing your reviews!  I also used 108 Budleigh, as well as several of your other vendors and I agree, they were great to work with.

akryz33, we ended up with 96 guests and had plenty of space.  We used the upstairs area for cocktail hour and also had some bistro tables outside on the patio area, which we strung with clear white lights.  With the layout and table sizes, we chose to have a sweetheart table, which we placed in between the two sets of patio doors, so we could look towards everyone.  We also had tables in the room by the stairs.  Some brides had their sweetheart table kind of in between those two rooms, so they really could see everyone....I kinda like that better and wished I would have thought about it.  The same area between the two rooms or either the center of the large room, is best for the dance floor. 

Make sure you account for any space you will need depending on if you are doing a buffet or served dinner.  We did a served dinner, but had originally planned for a buffet.  We were thinking of putting it on the back wall, in the room with the stairs, towards the kitchen area...if that makes sense.  A couple of our brides used Ortegaz and they just loved it!  They do have good food and they include lots of extras...and they are right out the back door too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards