Pennsylvania-Central
Options

NWR: Food/fun in H-burg, Mech'burg area

Hey Central PA girls! My best friend is coming to visit me from Houston this weekend - yay! Though I live up near Williamsport, it's cheaper for her to fly in to Harrisburg so we decided to get a hotel room on Friday night and have a Girls Night in the City =) Since I'm not familiar with the area down there at all, I was hoping you girls could give me some ideas on great places to eat and/or party/hang out. We're looking for something relatively nice but that we wouldn't have to wear anything nicer than a nice pair of jeans and a cute top (like no dresses or whatever - it's her vacation!). Bonus points for a fabulous sushi place, and extra bonus points for anything that's close to our hotel, as I intend on imbibing some/all of the alcohol I can get my hands on. We're staying at the Courtyard by Marriott on Gettysburg Road in Mechanicsburg. Any info is much appreciated! Thanks girls.

Re: NWR: Food/fun in H-burg, Mech'burg area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The best sushi place I know of in the area is Sapporo East in Mechanicsburg. Its BYOB though. Have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There isn't anything REAL close to your hotel. My parents live near there. The Colosseum in Camp Hill is only about a 5 minute drive. It's kind of like a Dave & Busters or Jillian's. There's bowling and beer and good food and games. Downtown Harrisburg (Second Street) is always fun too! It should only take you about 10 minutes to get there from your hotel. There are bars and restaurants all up and down the street and most of them don't have cover charges. It's definitely "the place to be" on a Friday or Saturday night in Harrisburg. The closest bar to your hotel is Moe's. But it's kind of a dive. They do have good wings though. Haha. HTH! :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pizza Grille is on the same road, about 2 miles down. This Pizza Grille has a bar and is one of my favorites. Have fun!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i dont know how close it is to you but the west shore hardware bar is on the carlisle pike in mechanicsburg. and there are a ton of different places to eat along the carlisle pike.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards