Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Reception Music Suggestions

Hey everyone! We are meeting with our DJ tonight and I have no idea what music we want for all of the "special" moments at the reception. Does anyone have any suggestions? What songs did you use? I would like some non-traditional stuff, not the typical music. Thanks in advance!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Reception Music Suggestions

• Options
    hollsmvhollsmv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if this is traditional or not...but here's what we have:for the cake cutting - Beatles "When I'm 64"our first dance - Springsteen "If I Should Fall Behind"father/daughter dance - Elton John "Something About the Way You Look Tonight"I'm stuck on what the entrance song should be! (we're not doing garter/bouquet toss)  
  • Options
    onlymelsonlymels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First dance for us is I don't want to miss a thing from aerosmith father daughter dance is there you'll be from faith hill entrance I think will be happy together. not sure about anything else yet
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we were pretty cheesy -Entrance : Bridal Party - Axel F   us : Walk this Way AerosmithFirst Dance: Frank Sinatra - the way you look tonightFather Daughter: I loved her first - heartlandmother Son: I am pulling a blank right now - he changed it right beforeflower toss : single ladies (had to be cheesy)cake cutting : sugar sugar -- candy girlgarter toss : shes got legslast dance of the night : donna summers last dance
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all tips girls! The meeting went well, but I still have no idea what I want for all these songs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    nofx1138nofx1138 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went completely non traditional with everything. Our bouquet toss song was girls, girls, girls by motley crue, and welcome to the jungle for the guys garter toss. Be original, don't do the same things that every other brides do. Single ladies is way overplayed and more or less expected. Pick what fits you and your hubby to be best!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so in the same boat with you- my FI and I don't have a song...so...Kinda out there looking.  Here  is what we have decided on:
    Entrance Song: 'Welcome to the Jungle', Guns N Roses (don't be scared, we are having a destination wedding with 175 people in New Orleans, thought it would start the party, and a little nod to my Cincinnati Bengals)
    Our 1st Dance is 'Into the Mystic' by Van Morrison (thought about Crazy Love by Van Morrison too)
    Father/Daughter: 'Your Smiling Face', James Taylor
    Mother/Son: (This is a TOUGH one, all the ones I kept finding were too, um, romantic?) His mom has it narrowed down to 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow', 'Just the Way You Are' by Billy Joel or 'Have I Told You Lately' by Rod Stewart (yes, I know Van Morrison sang it, but kinda Van overkill after our first dance!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards