Oklahoma

WEDNESDAY WEDDING

Okay so the day FI and I want our wedding is our dating anniversary. We really like the idea of having the wedding that day. And it just so happens that that day is on a wednesday!! Is this bad? Would you go to a wedding on a wednesday? Should we change the date? Uggh TIA

Re: WEDNESDAY WEDDING

• lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it is necessarily bad but be expecting not a lot of people to show up. If you have any out of town guests I think it may be hard for them to come in the middle of the week. I personally would find it hard to make it to a wedding on a wednesday evening because of work. Most people work until 6 or 7 and then may not want to stay out late bc they have to get up early for work the next day. Also, just know that not everyone will know that that particular day means something to you and your FI unless you tell them specfically so they may be confused as to why you would have your wedding on a wednesday. These are just a few ideas to consider when deciding. If these things are not an issue, I say go for it! Let us know what you decide!
  • edited December 2011
    I say do what you want! But I actually have been to a wedding on a Wed. and some guests didn't show up because it was a week night/ school night or church night. But they also didn't have their reception that night though because they knew people may not come and especially not stay super late because everyone has work in the morning. So, they did a reception after their honeymoon. HTH
  • lizardrach812lizardrach812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if the actual date is important to you, have an intimate ceremony on that day, and have the reception party on a weekend. ultimately it is your decision, but keep your guests in mind. wednesday is not really convenient for a lot of people.
  • edited December 2011
    In the end, it's your wedding day so it's your decision but there are some things to consider.For one thing, you have to be prepared to have a lot of people not attend your wedding if it's on a Wednesday.  Do you have any OOT family/friends?  Anyone who you know would have trouble getting off work?  Are you inviting children?  If not, people will need to get babysitters and that may be more difficult for them to do on a Wed.You'll also likely need/want help that week, would your wedding party be available in the days leading up to the wedding since it would be Mon/Tues?Also, a Wed. wedding may prevent you from using certain vendors.  I'm pretty sure our chapel didn't have Wed. weddings.  Do you have a preacher/minister/etc. that would be available?  Personally, now that we're married our dating anniversary isn't as significant to us as it used to be.  Of course, it's still important but our wedding day is the *most* important/meaningful for us.  What about having it the weekend before or after your dating anniversary?Again, it's your decision obviously but just some things to think about.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I am also planning to have a Wed evening wedding.  I am sure that there will be some who will not be able to attend because of work etc, but the people I care about most will be there to celebrate no matter what day it falls on.  ALSO i have found that many wedding/reception sites offer a discount for weeknight, as they do not usually book those days :0) PLUS PLUS PLUS!!!!  So I say go for it!  If it is special to you, that is what matters!  GOOD LUCK!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards