Florida-South Florida

DJ

Hi,

I'm meeting with a DJ this weekend. What types of questions did you ask prior to booking your DJ?

Re: DJ

• I'm on my phone, so I can't copy what is on the What to ask a DJ. But if you below his bio, you will see a link stating that question. Click on it, those are really good questions. An additional one is what happens if you can't come at the last minute. We all know life is about surprises but no one wants one on their wedding day. They should be able to get you another DJ that they might've worked with. http://www.rockinroydj.com/About.html
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • Add on to this question..

How much is the norm cost of a DJ?
  • What extras do they include in addition to music. For example, my dj adds in up lighting or dance floor lighting. HTH
    "HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • I just finished this search and finally booked Vision DJs...IMO the biggest questions are first to ask yourself what you are looking for and what will please you and your guests? From there, ask all DJs you interview how they can deliver that.

For us, my FI wanted particular Jamaican rhythms mixed with hip hop and latin music and my side of the family wants more American Top 40 type music because they probably have no idea what Jamaican music is beyond Bob Marley lol. So it was really important to us to ask specific music related questions. Also, we wanted blended music like a club not just I-tunes playlists, so when i asked another DJ company if there would be "down-time" he said sometimes there may be. That was a no for us.

Super helpful if they use an online music selection system.

ask about all hidden fees-such as hrs of music needed and how many setups ie: ceremony, cocktail and reception.

Ask for samples of their mixing/playlists

How many DJs they have on staff and if they are ever all booked at once--emergencies happen and you would hate to be left out if they were all booked up. Most of the ones we talked to said they never full book for that reason.

Get a feel for their MC style. We didn't want someone to force us to get up and do the conga line if you know what I mean, so we found someone who is excellent at all of the formal announcements/introductions and thats it. He leaves the rest up to the music for everyone to party to.

HTH!

The more reviews they have, the more comfortable you can probably feel that they are professionals and will at least deliver the min-show up, play music, entertain your guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards