Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Your Opinion Please...

How do you feel about BM's dresses that are different lengths and different colors?  Here's the debate: Option 1 - all the same color dresses, different styles, diff.  lengths.Opt. 2 - same color, same length, diff. style.Opt. 3 - diff. colors (only 2 diff. colors though), diff. style, same length.Opt. 4. - diff. colors, diff. styles. diff. lengths.Sorry for the ridiculousness.TIA!
10.ten.10 My Bio Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 175 Invited to Party!
image 119 Are ready to party!
image 56 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: Your Opinion Please...

• Options
    I'm just going to wait for P2 to comment then say "I agree with P2".
  • Options
    I'm one of THOSE people who is having the same BM dresses - because I have 2 BMs. But if I had to choose:Opt. 2 - same color, same length, diff. style.That seems the most cohesive.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I think dresses should be all the same style in different colors or all different colors in the same style. The mix and match of both colors and styles is waaaay too much for me.That being said, my super artistic college roommate is having both different colors and styles and it seems to be coming together swimmingly.I wouldn't certainly stick to the same designer. IMO, off the rack dresses in different styles and colors (except for LBDs) don't look very put together.
  • Options
    I'd go with option 2 or 3, but that's just my personal preference.  In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter
  • Options
    anything but option 4 --that just sounds messy.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My option would be Opt 3.
  • Options
    I prefer Option 2 but I have seen Option 3 done well also.  I think when you open the door to different colors or different lengths there is a greater risk that the WP will look haphazard.  I attended one wedding where a BM neglected to alter her dress to tea length, and she definitely looked odd wearing a full-length dress next to the other BMs in tea length dresses.  So I think any are doable but Options 1 and 4 require a lot more coordination among the WP.
  • Options
    I'm going with Option 2 for myself but I only have 2 on my side to worry about.
  • Options
    I am also only having two BMs.  I personally would want the same color and length but if they want different necklines I would be ok with that.
  • Options
    How do you feel about BM's dresses that are different lengths and different colors?Yuck. Sorry.I'm okay with different styles, and even different colours (a la buttaflai). But keep them the same length.
  • Options
    We did Option 2, but although everyone wore tea length, they all looked like different lengths due to their height, so it was sort of Option 1. I wouldn't mind Option 3, but Option 4 could get crazy pretty easily.
  • Options
    I did Opt 5: Same dress in different colors.PIB
  • Options
    I'd go 1 or 2 if those are your options. I went with "buy a black dress and dont look like a h00ker."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Any option is good, but I like #2 the best.
  • Options
    Thanks for the opinions. I'm spending more time on this then I ever wanted to.
    10.ten.10 My Bio Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 175 Invited to Party!
    image 119 Are ready to party!
    image 56 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    We did option 4. Kind of. My MOH wore a gray/silver dress. My BMs wore black dresses. All were knee length although they could choose whatever they wanted. I just wanted my MOH (older sis) to have a different dress).
  • Options
    We have the same color, fabric, and designer.  Different styles for all 3 girls.  MOH has a long dress (she doesn't like to show her legs) and BMs each have a short dress.  So, option 1 for me.  [img]http://tinyurl.com/yzudvlq[/img]  
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Option 2. Option 3 if you really have a problem.
  • Options
    I am personally doing 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards