Maine
Options

Drinks

I have been to a few weddings recently and everyone seems to handle drinks differently. My FI and I are trying to figure out a good way to provide people with some drinks without having an open bar, as we don't have the money. We were thinking about perhaps passing out drink tickets (pre-paid drinks). We also wanted to have wine on the tables. What are peoples thoughts on this and what did you do for your wedding?

Re: Drinks

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had an open bar with beer and wine only. We offered two types of beer, one white wine and one red wine. It saved us some money and we had a ton of fun hosting a wine tasting for our friends to select the wines.
  • Options
    JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were going to do wine on the table but it cost to much.  So we didn't do anything.  My friend at her wedding had an open bar for I think either a half hour or an hour.
  • Options
    JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and her open bar was beer and wine only.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all, I am definatly going to do the wine on the tables.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I posted a reply before the board changeover but I don't think it stuck. I would ask Scott at Shawnee Peak about wine on tables. He told me that because of changes in state law (apparently), you can bring in your own wine, but they charge a $10 per bottle corking fee. However, this is probably the cheapest option to go if you want to offer wine for free for guests. If you bought like $5 bottles of wine, then the total per bottle would be $15, and you'll get at least 4 servings out of one bottle, whereas a glass of wine at the bar would likely be $6.

Anyways, that's kind of confusing! But I think my FI and I are going to do free wine during the cocktail hour and bring in our own bottles.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards