Latino Weddings
Options

?? 1ST DANCE

What song have you chosen for your 1st dance?

Re: ?? 1ST DANCE

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we used come what may- ewan mcgregor and nicloe kidman from moulin rouge its different and we love the movie :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thats very unique, I love that song/movie.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you its super long so i cut it down... i wanted different than anyone had seen at a wedding..everyone loved it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using I Love You (for Sentimental Reasons) the Linda Ronstadt version. Now we just have to start practicing the dance!
  • Options
    latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's between two Sade songs , Kiss of Life or by your side by the way I'm so excited for you , your wedding is weeks away.... =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i was thinking if whether i wanted it in spanish or english, its a difficult choice. i like the song by lifehouse "you and me" i like it because throughout our relationship he always used to tell me it's U n Me! He would write it just like that on a letter/note it was cute!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've decided on "Heaven" by Bryan Adams (the MTV Unplugged version) and then "More Than Anyone" by Gavin DeGraw as the last dance song.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We where also indecisive on the spanish or english so here's the top contestantsSolo tu- pedro fernandezMore than love-lonely boysthe way you look tonight-tony bennettI have really good friends that are twins and sing and I really wanted them to sing our 1st dance since they weren't able to be in the bridal party so we chose the way you look tonight so they can sing it.  If you guys have ever seen My best friends wedding at the end the twin cousins sing that song and it's amazing
  • Options
    drod58drod58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Te amare - Marc Anthony.  I think he also has the english version.  But I wanted a spanish song, and I love the words of that song.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are dancing to "Ming Ming Bai Bai Wo de Xi".... it's a 9231239840982348+ year old Chinese song that has 2342394809238402384+ cover songs. It's also the song my parents danced to at their wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm leaning towards "My Baby You" by Mark Anthony :)
  • Options
    lanerob1lanerob1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stay with you - John Legend
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bendita Tu Luz by Mana. It's been our song from the very beginning of our r'ship. It makes me cry every time and I can't imagine dancing to anything else!
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We danced to "Better Together" by Jack Johnson then did a fun dance to "Viva Las Vegas" by Elvis only fitting since we got married in Vegas.For the father-daughter dance, I wanted a Spanish song which was Alejandro Jaén - "Vals Para Una Novia." I cried through the dance b/c my dad was singing it to me.
  • Options
    real dealreal deal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We danced to the rare Una Puerta Abierta by Jerry Rivera.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are dancing to "My Baby You" by Marc Anthony..Everytime we play it, haha, everyone around us cries, LOL! We even had our bestman crying..
    Melissa ~ Wife to Eddie; Soccer Mom to Mikel, Mikaela & Baby #3 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kabarcakabarca member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness! I was about to cry when I saw the topic thread. Our song will be since it has always been since the beginning of our relationship Reyli Barba: "Amor del Bueno." We had gone to see him in concert and that is where he gave me my first kiss and I knew that he was the one of my life. Aww I get all emotional to see and hear other couple's love song.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We chose something more on the spanish rock side, yet romantic...."Te Quiero" by Hombres G [url=http://www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.theknot.com/tools/tickers/tt28349.aspx[/img][/url]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards