Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Philadelphia Photographers

Hi all!

Can anyone recommend photographers in the Philly area that are really good, yet inexpensive?  I am looking to spend around $2,000-$3,000. 

Re: Philadelphia Photographers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The definition of "really good" is going to be different for everybody.  Are you looking for a mor photojouralistic style?  Two that I know of who might fit the bill for you are Sharyn Frenkel and Rich Lavigne.  Other gals will hopefully chime in tomorrow morning with more names for you :)
  • Options
    lulugirl23lulugirl23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do love Sharyn Frenkel!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Also what do you want for that money? 

• Options
    barkerspudbarkerspud member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A couple of the photographers at Faith West Photography fall under that category. My FI and I are using Scott, for Him and a second photographer for 9 hours, plus one hour of over time and an album is just under 3,000, plus you own all your images on a flash drive. Scott focuses more on the journalistic style with lots of candids which is perfect for us. Faith is also fantastic to deal with in terms of scheduling and planning....they get a big thumbs up from me! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_philadelphia-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:fc1235c5-b8f7-4e1f-b4ec-232054ef3c85Post:c0ad4f15-83c3-47b4-9fed-414ecdd32452">Re: Philadelphia Photographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do love Sharyn Frenkel!!
    Posted by lulugirl23[/QUOTE]

I am using her, as well as a few of the other girls on the board. I think I am the one getting married first though. So in 6 months or so you can see my wedding pics :)  I have some of my e-pics in my bio as well.   Sharyn is super sweet too, and her work is great. Give her a call, her packages start at 2k.
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I will recomend my photographer Erik Matey

he has a bunch of different packages depending on what you want.
    It's always good to email any photographer- bc usually they're all willing to mold a package for you depending on your price range and etc.

Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Sami_GSami_G member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using David Humphreys.  Our plan is in the low part of your range.  www.dhumphreys.com.
  • Options
    lisalaroclisalaroc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tim Scott from Spencer Studios in West Chester
    http://www.spencerstudios.biz/

And a relative of mine does photography and is reasonable as well ( I would have used him for my own wedding but I wanted relatives to be guests only!)

Kevin Kramer Photography
    http://www.thekramerimage.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    het982het982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Claire Hudson:

She does e-pics and wedding for that price and they came out really good! She is very negotiable on price, too. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how many pictures does that include with Scott?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    would you be interested in sharing what you are getting with ur package for what price?  i really like her pics and i cant wait to see urs!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm honestly not sure of whom to recommend in the Philadelphia area, but I do know who not to recommend: Todd Rothstein. I haven't seen the results yet from my wedding, however, I don't care if they're the greatest pictures ever taken. He is the most unprofessional person I've ever come across.

My wedding was out of the Phila. area (in my home town-- my husband is from Philly). Todd was seemingly great and had no problem with the distance, as he was put up in a very nice hotel. The reception was held at a wonderful place, where the owners are not only very good close friends of my parents (I've known them my entire life), but their parents were even friends with my grandparents... so the history goes far back. And not only are they known to be one of the best venues in their coverage area (for all sorts of events), but in knowing these people personally, I can say they are the kindest, most generous people you'd ever want to meet. I know many will assume I'm biased, which is understandable, but please believe me-- I'm not. I've never heard a bad word about them professionally or personally. They're just honest, good-hearted, wholesome people.

Anyway, we decided to have stations for our dinner. So, at the reception, the photographer set up his tripod etc. right in the middle of the food stations. So the owner of the place was like 'You cant set up here. It's a little in the way, and people have to maneuver around all your equipment and the stations.. could you please move to another spot away from the food?' She went back on her rounds/duties, comes back, he's still set up there. She asked him again. He still hadn't moved. After coming back for a third time, she explained she could not have people trying to maneuver around him while trying to get food. In addition to being an inconvenience for guests, it's a safety hazard. He insisted there were no other outlets where he could set up. She informed him there are outlets every 15 ft. along both walls, and suggested he go near the DJ. He insisted he'd blow a fuse. She informed him that it's a new facility, which she owns- all the wiring is new... and at every previous wedding this summer, there was no issue, so there wouldn't be one now. To which his response was 'Why are you being such an asshole?'

To me, this is SOOOOO unacceptable. First of all, again- I know this woman-- I think it's probably not humanly possible for her to be an 'asshole'. Secondly, for arguments sake, say she was pestering him- she was not in the wrong, nor is that an excuse for him to stoop to such a petulant level. Thirdly, I'm a professional-- and professionals should NOT speak to one another in that way-- especially on the other's 'turf', so to speak.

Not only am I mortified because this woman is our friend (which the photographer knew- and again, regardless- that shouldn't make a difference) and bent over backward for us, but what if one of our guests heard that exchange? I'd NEVER want that to be something my family and friends remembered when looking back at our wedding. And to make matters worse, he ran back to my MIL (who hired him because of their friendship-- which is the icing on the cake in my eyes), and told her that the event manager had a 'problem' with him.

I've not been fortunate enough to speak with him yet since the wedding (we just got back from our honeymoon)-- but believe me, he's getting an earful when I do get to meet with him. I don't even want to discuss this with him over the phone.

And I'll be posting this on the main board just to make sure everyone knows the manner in which he conducts himself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards