New York-Long Island
Options

Hair and Makeup

Hey ladies!

I had a question for you ladies.  I booked my hair and makeup, but my bridesmaids are backing out now because of the price.  I needed someone who could come to the hotel i'll be getting ready at.  They would be charged $100 for hair and $100 for makeup.  They are charging me $125 for hair, $125 for makeup.  I'm ok with my price.  It's just the girls that i'm concerned about. 

Who are you guys using?  Do they come to the location?  and sorry for the rude price question.... How much are you ladies paying?

Thanks for your help!  I only have 58 days left till the wedding. 

Re: Hair and Makeup

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My stylist is coming to my mom's house and so is the makeup artist. It's 85 for my updo and 95 for my airbrush makeup. Everyone else is 75 for updo and 75 for regular makeup. Flowergirl hair and my grams' blow out are each 35.

I also paid 50 for my trial. HTH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am using Ntrigue in Port Jefferson for hair. They are charging $65-75 for the updo's for my girls. Mine will cost $85 and the flower girls are $35. I gave my girls the option to go elsewhere if they felt they could get a better price but everyone was ok with that. As for makeup, my mother is a cosmotologist so I am lucking out there.

The pricing you got is what most salons quoted me as well, and i know what you mean about feeling awkward asking your girls to pay it. Just give them the option to go somewhere else if they prefer and give them the picture of how you want their hair done. Good Luck!

• Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    you should pay for your BP hair and make up if you're asking them to get it done otherwise its up to them if they want to get it done or not. giving them a pic and telling them tog et it done this way and then having them pay for it just isn't right.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i am paying for my BP makeup and they are coming to the house. I am using LI Wedding Lounge. My trial was amazing! Highly recommend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to pay for your BMs; however, if they do want to find their own stylist, they should be entitled.  But if you are able to find a better deal as many above, that's about as good as they will find unless they have a friend/family member doing their hair/make-up for free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards