August 2012 Weddings
Options

Slideshow

First off- whoa there is a lot of activity on this board lately! Holy crow, we must be getting close!

next, question- are you all doing a slide show presentation for your wedding? And if so, what program are you using to create the presentation? Also, how long are you making it/what types of pictures and songs are you using? I'm starting to prepare for this and am wondering what everyone else is doing. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image230 Invited
image180Accepted
image50 Declined
image0 Undecided
RSVP Date: July 25, 2012

Re: Slideshow

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Can't help, not doing one... but I'd think PowerPoint or iMovie, depending on your preference, would be good.
  • Options

Windows Movie Maker is a good free version for windows systems.  

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are using Windows Movie Maker. I'm not sure what songs we will end up with since we currently have a list of about 10 options. It just depends what looks best once we get the photos all put together. We will have it split between my growing up, FI growing up, friends, family, and us together. I think it will be about 10 minutes long.
  • Options
    Im not doing one, but I've seen them... Keep it under 5 minutes I'd say... Or play during cocktail hour On a loop... That way people can watch and mingle... I went to a wedding with a 20 min slideshow where everyone was seated and it felt like it took forever... In think they are adorable, but 2 songs is my max attention span lol that's just me though
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wanted to do a slideshow but our venue doesn't have the proper space / equipment for it, so instead we bought this large frame and I'm gathering photos to put in it and maybe prop it against a tree.  (We're having an outdoor wedding).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LJEAO2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&m=A2KUU8F1JD15IG
  • Options
    we are renting a tv from rent-a-center that has a SD card slot built in.  All we have to do is download our photos (90% pics of us both together and growning up, and then some pictures of family and friends, and "in memory of" pictures of our family no longer with us) to the sd card and pop the card in the tv.  we're putting the tv on the gift table, and not having music as the dj will be playing during the cocktail hour.  I'm aimimg for 50 pictures total to play on a loop
  • Options
    We haven't done ours yet, but will use whatever free software is on FI's mac.  We are not putting music to it since it will be on a large screen tv and playing during cocktails in a loop.  If it works out, we're going to play it for the rehearsal dinner so that crowd also gets to see it (since the bridal party won't be at cocktail hour, but taking pics instead).
  • Options
    Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image230 Invited
    image180Accepted
    image50 Declined
    image0 Undecided
    RSVP Date: July 25, 2012
  • Options
    I've done several wedding slideshows for friends and family members, so it feels kinda strange to finally be doing my own! I use Photo Story 3 - it's a free program you can download online. It's pretty user friendly and I prefer it over windows movie maker. I usually do two songs (total ~6-7 minutes long). The first song is long enough to do intro slides (some sort of saying along with engagement pics and then our names + wedding date) and the pictures of us growing up. The second song is mostly pictures of us from the time we met and started dating and continuing through the wedding day. We are borrowing a projector and going to play the slideshow up on the wall during dinner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are still debating doing one, if we do we're going to ask our friends to do it for us (the best man is a computer genius and can do really cool effects)!!  I do agree 2 songs max, it gets long after that..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards