Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Turf Valley - Site Fee?

Hello.  I'm researching venues for an April/May 2012 wedding and one of the places I found online that seems to have reasonable-ish prices is Turf Valley.  I can't seem to find anywhere if they have a site fee, though.  Anyone know?  I'd hate to get excited about them and then find out they have a $6K site fee that puts them completely out of my range, like another venue did.

Also, if anyone knows if the Mansion at Valley Country Club, the Tremont Grand, or Overhills Mansion have site fees as well that would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Turf Valley - Site Fee?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You should call and ask them! A friend of mine got married there in September and I know they were very reasonably priced so I'm inclined to say they don't have a fee, but don't quote me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont think they have a "site fee" but I do know,  the per plate price includes a lot... There website will tell you most of it and I know if you email them they are fast about replying back. and super nice
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on how many people you have. One ballroom is included, but if you have over x # of guests, you have to pay an additional fee to get the larger ballroom. They do include a lot per person, but unlike PP I found the people in the office to be relatively unresponsive.
  • Options
    4n6chick4n6chick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone - we went and looked at the ballrooms on Saturday.  One (the nicest one of course!) has a fee of $1100, but the others were no additional charges.  The one they recommended for our wedding (100-125 people) is way too small IMHO - they'd put 10 people per table and I know that for a seated dinner everyone would be very cramped.

We haven't found out yet if the largest ballroom is free for our date - if it is, it may be what we go with.  Even with the $1100 fee it's reasonable - especially since (and boy is this petty) the chairs in the other ballrooms are so ugly I'd definitely have to rent nicer ones.  The large ballroom comes with much nicer chairs, and since I figure it would probably cost around $500 to rent the chairs I'd like (probably more) that even with the fee it would be worth it.

I don't understand why the other rooms have chairs that are so ridiculously ugly, but oh well.  At least one room had nice ones!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I actually work at Turf Valley.  It really is a beautiful place for a wedding.  The waterford banquet room (the one w/ the extra rental fee) is a wonderful location with a breathtaking view of the golf course and water fountain pond.  There are even 2 swans that complete a picture view.  Jenny B. has been there for years and is very helpful with everything from start to finish.  To top it off... the food is to die for.  I highly recomend them, not because I work there but because i've seen the beauty that comes out of weddings there. 
  • Options
    bethesda15bethesda15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    4n6chick , I looked at Turf Valley and saw those chairs - you are not being petty!  They need to be covered and or replaced.   They will also charge you for table linens, so that is another added cost.

Keep in mind, if you get married there on a Saturday night, there will be up to 3 other weddings going on in the adjacent ballrooms.  That is one of the main reasons I decided to not go with them.  They are very nice there, and the grounds are beautiful, so it depends on what you are looking for in your venue.
  • Options
    4n6chick4n6chick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bethesda - I saw the tables covered with the 'free' linens and frankly that seemed like enough to me - they weren't floor length but they weren't ridiculously short either.  At least, they were something I could live with!  The long ones would be nice but I don't think I'd need to spend the $.  I'd have to spend it on the chair covers/rental instead.

Unfortunately they're booked up on the three dates we're thinking of for next April/May so they're probably going to be out.

smoten - thanks for the info.  The grounds were absolutely beautiful.  And everyone we talked to on Saturday (mainly the people setting up outside the Waterford) were very nice.  Wish the room had been free!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tremont doesn't have a site fee per se but they do have a different catering minimum for April than for August. If you were interested in having a ceremony there, it's an extra $4/p. I've been working with Scotlyn there and she has been fantastic.
  • Options
    I am interested in having my wedding at turf as well but what is a good time frame to make the final decision and let them know the date ? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards