Nebraska

Vendor Reviews from 6-26-10!

OK, sorry this is really late, but better late than never.  I found the reviews very helpful, so good luck!

Rehearsal Dinner- Anthony's Steakhouse- A+
They were so easy to work with, beautiful place, quiet, courteous staff, fantastic food.  Absolutely no issues with them. 

Flowers- Debbie Pitt- A+++
She is fantastic.  She is out of a flower design studio in Millard area.  She is wonderful, works with your budget, has great ideas and our flowers looked BRILLIANT!  We had a small flower budget and she surpassed our every need.  She was always on time and pleasant.

Cake- The Cakery- A+
Again, no complaints.  They were all wonderful, on time, the cake looked amazing.  Just stunning, better than I could have ever thought. It was delicious!  Everyone had wonderful things to say about it. 

Invites- American Wedding- A
It is an online site, you can typically find online coupons also and so they all turn out to be a decent price.  Ours were simple, yet they looked expensive.  They were very elegant.  They have something for everyone!

Omaha Fiesta Bus - C
I went with these guys because it was college world series time and everywhere else was taken.  It was less than decent.  the bus is worn down and dirty.  NO AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!  Are you Crazy????  When you book this thing, they should have mentioned this.  UMmmm, Im booking it for a wedding, they should have said, great, but do you realize we do not have ac and therefore, all of the windows will be down and your hair will be flying all over????  Nooo.  Anyways, so they didnt know where they were going they were just not professional at all.  Dissapointing.  Obviously not wedding appropriate. 

Lauritzen Gardens- A+
That place is just amazing.  It was our dream venue.  We loved it.  You work with Kim and she is so nice, and can tell you what does and doesnt work.  She will truely help you when ever she can, she is so sweet and the place does not have a downside if you tried.

United rental- B
We used them because they work with our venue.  They were setting  up our alter thing outside litterally 10 mins before our ceremony.  Uhhh, that should have been done a long time ago. 

Thunderhead Entertainment- DJ- B
At first, we were verrryyy hesitant.  When they answer the phone, etc, they are not very professional.  The lady who books, organizes music etc is a little off and sometimes you worry a little.  In the end it was great.  They did a good job.  The DJ definately knows what he is doing, they were on time, nice, did a great job and I was very happy with them in the end.  They also come to your rehearsal, which was a little unsual, but it was nice.  They do it for timing, etc and that gives you a little more of a warm and fuzzy. I would definately use them again.

Hap Abraham- D+
The food was of course, fantastic.  They are definately good at their food.  Their service definately needs to be worked on.  We were supposed to have 2 bars, we only had one, when my mother, my sister in law went to ask them about it they said there was nothing they could do and were snotty.  So, I went up and asked them.  The lady looked at me, shrugged her shoulders and said not her problem.  I made her call the manager and they were forced to do a makeshift bar where we wanted it, but finally got set up half way through the receptioon.  They were rude to our guests and several guests let us know it.  They had the balls to ask me, how long my wedding was going to last because they were going to run out of beer.  I was furious.  One of my guests heard them call me a B(*&^%, they refused to get a guest olives because they were in the back and she "really didint want to walk back there",   they were just horrible.  When I called to inform them the next week, we got a "there are two sides to every story attitiude and only given our money back for the messed up bar"  it was just crazy.  Of all of the things in our wedding, they are what we regret the most, which is sad because it was the most expensive.   There are so many other caterers out there who truely care about your day, but not these guys. 

Comfort Inn- 72nd- B

They were geat to work with and the rooms were amazing.  I would use them again. 

If you have anymore specific questions, let me know or email me at [email protected]

Good luck with your planning!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews from 6-26-10!

• edited December 2011
    Oh yea, I forgot one.  Chris Hamilton Video.  A+

He did a fantastic job!!!  The video was clean, very well done, could not have asked for more.  For those of you on the fence about getting a photographer, DO IT!  Its a great way to remember the day.  I love our video!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for doing vendor reviews!  Your review of Abraham Catering made me nervous, because we were just about to book them.  Were the service problems with the bar setup and bartenders only, or did they extend to the food service?  Did one of the "executive level" people drop by during dinner to make sure that things were going smoothly (I was told that they do)?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It was kind of both.  We had ordered two bars and they are the ones that coordinate with the rental company at the gardens.  So, we only got one bar.  And when several people tried to rectify the situation, they just looked at them and basically told them there was nothing they could do about it.  The food was fantastic!  It was amazing and they cleaned up real fast after the meal.  We did NOT have any executive come by our venue at all, in fact it was a miracle to try to get one on the phone so that we could do a makeshift 2nd bar!!  We just had a lot of complaints about how rude the batenders were, so if you go with them, just go with their food.  They ran out of certain drinks, which I was told they would not, they wouldnt go get olives from the back when a guest asked, they were rude to me, in fact a guest told me that they had called me a not so nice name when I walked away once.  I tried to be nice, but for the money you pay for an open bar, the service was ridiculous.  Good luck!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards