Military Brides

just went to my first bridal expo/show thing...

and i left annoyed, bitter, and jealous of all the women there with their fiances. mid-fashion show, they had a contest for the guys to go up and dance down the runway for a chance to win free entertainment ($5000 worth of dj stuff... lighting and everything). i could just picture my love shaking his butt the way he does that is just way too cute... and... bleh. not even for the prize, because i dont even care about that. i know it sounds spoiled, and selfish, and stupid, but i miss him like crazy, and i hate being jealous of everyone else who has the privelage of having their loved ones with them every step of the way. and i know i'll probably get a ton of responses telling me to toughen up and get used to it... but i just want to pout and stomp my feet and whine about how unfair this is. i know i know... it comes with the whole damn package. but, siigh. i love him so much, and of course hes so worth the wait... but i definitely would not have chosen this. 

deployments freakin suck :(. i'm gonna go crawl into a cave now.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: just went to my first bridal expo/show thing...

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Okay, tough love coming. 

You have got to stop thinking this way. This wallowing/jealousy stuff isn't healthy. Yeah, those women were able to force their fiance to come to the show, but they don't get to be marrying YOUR fiance! But seriously, all this complaining is unhealthy, because I imagine you're thinking/wallowing a lot more than you're posting about it.

FI is home at the moment, and he didn't gowith me because he really didn't want to, and it was fun for my MOH and me to go together. FI has gone when I've modeled in bridal shows before we were engaged, but never since, and he loves that he doesn't have to. He is deploying at some point soon after our wedding, and I'm psyched for him. He's a Marine, it's why he joined. 

I saw your venue on another board (I think), and it was just gorgeous. I'm sure there are a lot of other positives in your life right now, focus on those!
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_just-went-first-bridal-exposhow-thing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:455d3c68-53e2-4501-818f-86cf16fe70adPost:9631cbf8-f3c8-491d-b2be-2189e96ad7ad">Re: just went to my first bridal expo/show thing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, tough love coming.  You have got to stop thinking this way. This wallowing/jealousy stuff isn't healthy. Yeah, those women were able to force their fiance to come to the show, but they don't get to be marrying YOUR fiance! But seriously, all this complaining is unhealthy, because I imagine you're thinking/wallowing a lot more than you're posting about it. FI is home at the moment, and he didn't gowith me because he really didn't want to, and it was fun for my MOH and me to go together. FI has gone when I've modeled in bridal shows before we were engaged, but never since, and he loves that he doesn't have to. He is deploying at some point soon after our wedding, and I'm psyched for him. He's a Marine, it's why he joined.  I saw your venue on another board (I think), and it was just gorgeous. I'm sure there are a lot of other positives in your life right now, focus on those!
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]

you're definitely right. it's all in perspective... but this whole weekend is weighing in more on the lovey dovey your alone right now side of the scale. im hoping, come tuesday, i'll teeter back to normalcy. i really am trying to stay busy! we're just in the final stages of this deployment, and i'm just so ready for him to come home.

realistically, i know he probably wouldnt even want to go. hell, i wasnt even all that into it either.

blahhhh, hormones. i think i just want to whine, but i dont have anyone to whine to. thank you, TK :). haha.

and thanks for your response. it wasn't TOO tough :). happy valentine's day to you and your lovey <3.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Stan.  The more you dwell on the negative the more miserable you are going to be.  Focus on the positive and the good things you have going on, instead of dwelling on things you can't change.  You can cry and whine and complain every single day he is gone, but it's not going to bring him home any sooner, and it's just going to make your life miserable.  Yes hearing and seeing all the lovey couples for Valentine's day sucks, but like you said yourself, you signed up for this.  I'm sure you love your FI so much that to you the times you have together are worth way more than just being together for this holiday. 

Also, my H hated going to the bridal show with me when we went.  He originally wanted absolutely nothing to do with it, and had no intentions of going.  It was just supposed to be me, my mom, and my MOH.  But I broke my wrist and had surgery 2 days before the show, so he decided he was coming to look out for me.  And when the fashion show started, he got as far away from the stage as he possibly could, and went and got a drink at the bar.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hang in there!  Like the ladies said (who have far more experience than me in missing your guy to deployment), you just have to try to look on the positive and not let these things get you down.  You get him for a lifetime - about half of them get their guy until they divorce in a few years, because they made them do things like go to bridal shows (joking, but still!).

For what it's worth, my guy is going to be here for most of our engagement (though he'll be in Parris Island all summer) and there's no way he's going to any bridal shows.   He's announced that he wants to help with the food, the music, the ceremony, and the honeymoon and absolutely nothing else.

Anniversary

• Epic07032011Epic07032011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You gotta give yourself a little self pity time, just make sure it's not ALL the time. :)

Hugs. It sucks to be missing him. But when he's home, the deployment will seem shorter looking back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards