June 2013 Weddings

Bridal Party color dilemma!

Hi ladies! I am having a major color dilemma! I have finally settled on a color for the bridesmaids dresses that I love! I have attached a picture of the exact dresses that I would like to get.... They are gold, I am going with a rustic/elegant theme. Our reception is going to be whites and golds because I am going with white flowers, white table clothes with a burlap overlay on the tables. Not much color going into the reception, but we wanted to add a bold color to give it a little pop, so we decided on a dark blue. So, the bridesmaids in gold, the groomsman will have a dark blue tie, probably no vest. Here is the dilemma... My FI would prefer gray suits for the groom and groomsman. Will it look okay with gold bridesmaids dresses, then white flowers? I have trouble visioning things if I haven't seen it done before.  Any suggestions? We are trying to stay away from black suits and my FI doesn't like the tan suits.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Party color dilemma!

• I think that the navy blue would look better, but I think that maybe a darker gray would be ok. 

Then again, I probably am the most indecisive one in this group with colors, and STILL have not 100% picked mine. I know you don't want the black suits, but that would probably be my fav combo. If you do gray suits, will you still try and keep the navy incorporated as well?
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • I like the idea of going with navy blue, maybe have the ties that colr and I think it would look fine with gray suits.

Best thing to do would to be get swatches of different shades of gray, gold, white & blue and compare them to each other to see what works.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_bridal-party-color-dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:a02cb6b2-2b42-4b8c-8def-fc2dbb382ed5Post:070d04cb-fa3b-41b3-b8d4-6cefff7b7058">Re: Bridal Party color dilemma!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that the navy blue would look better, but I think that maybe a darker gray would be ok.  Then again, I probably am the most indecisive one in this group with colors, and STILL have not 100% picked mine. I know you don't want the black suits, but that would probably be my fav combo. If you do gray suits, will you still try and keep the navy incorporated as well?
    Posted by rmp4996[/QUOTE]

I agree, I think a slate gray would be okay... If we do go with that we would probably change the navy blue. Maybe a dark purple, or just stick to gold ties for the guys and add some purple accessories to the reception? I hate coming up with my own color palettes its so hard to envision! Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You could try cross posting this to the A&A board. Those girls are pretty good at fashion help. I have no suggestions, I'm horrible at this. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I picked my colors from the knot slide show after deciding on orange and green, then saw how good hot pink looked with it. I envision light gray when I think of gray tuxes. If they were darker, I think it would be okay since it's a colored tie and no vest. Purple looks great with gray. I am not much help, I'm just an elementary teacher that lacks some creativity! Lol.
  • I think you're good with the light gold dresses and navy ties as long as you stick with dark grey suits. A lighter shade of grey would look out of place, I think.
  • Im really bad at envisioning things haha but a friend of mine just got married and her FI and groomsmen wore Navy Suits and they looked great.
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think navy suits with gold would be the best but I agree with everyone else, dark grey would look good too. I don't think light grey would match well with the gold. BTW I love the gold dress!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards