Florida-South Florida

Just engaged and starting to plan

I have been engaged for 2 weeks now. We have already started to plan. The date we are interested in is 1/16/11 we have called hotels to find out if they offer Glatt Kosher catering. Today we went to see the Biltmore Miami hotel and tomorrow we have scheduled to visit the InterContinental Miami hotel. We still have a few more venues that we want to see before picking one.

We have chose our colors: Purple & Silver

We are now looking into photographers I am so confused with what I want. I like sharp pictures and some un-posed.
These are a few I was thinking of Jeff Kolodny, Munoz Photography, Trevor Goldsmith, and Rodrigo Varela.
I would like to hear from other what they think of these photographers?

Next step, will be picking a band I have not even started looking into this yet. If any one knows of a good band let me know. We are looking for Spanish, Jewish, 80's, and today's Hip-hop/R&B type music to be played.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursery theme!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary

Re: Just engaged and starting to plan

• Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagment!  Welcome to the club!  Very exciting time....here if you need anything!

My photographer is Jonathan Nimerfroh... 
    http://www.jdnphotography.net

He is truly amazing!!  and priced just right!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there :) welcome to the board!! you will find it to be soooo helpful :)
    you have the same colors i do! ;)
    for the photographers you listed, i like trevor goldsmith the most. i had checkout munoz, alain martinez and rodrigo varela, i like munoz but it depends who you end up getting (they're a family of photographers) rodrigo varela was beyond expensive and i didn't really like his style too much. and alain martinez was beyond rodrigo varela expensive lol and though he takes good pictures, his style is very urban, which i, personally, don't like for weddings. but he recommended me to gregory paul and ive been sold ever since :)
    do you want a band for the whole reception or just cocktail and then a dj?
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!! :)

For photographers, I noticed that Alain Martinez had much higher prices than I wanted to pay.  I had been following Gregory Paul's blog since I got engaged (a year! eeek! that's so long lol), and am soooo happy that I booked him.  His photography is really amazing, and they have great packages. 

Sorry, I haven't done any research into DJs yet :(

Good luck with your planning!
  • graceandjakegraceandjake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board~ you will find some really helpful wonderful brides on here!! I'm only familiar with Jeff Kolodny from your list~ I looked into him but wasnt sold.  I'm using Joseph Casal who I really like.  But I wish I could have hired so many of the wonderful photographers the girls on here have recommended like gregory Paul and Ashley Coulter (sp?) someone will suggest her I'm sure (Love her blog!!)  Good luck with your planning ~ You sound like your off to a great start!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • AHorton84AHorton84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there.  Congrats on your engagement!  One thing to keep in mind with the Biltmore is that they have a list of allowed vendors (all prive points, but it does limit your options).  One photographer that I LOVE who I've never seen listed on here is Tony Gajate.  His work is amazing, very unique.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement! Welcome to the board and happy planning!

I definitely recommend Gregory Paul. I almost went with Jeff Kolodny but chose Gregory because of his style. Check out Maloman Photographers, too. While Munoz has made a name for themselves, it is a family and their work won't be individual-consistent. I didn't go with them for a reason :\

Good luck! You'll find your dream photographer!
  • Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!!!!

Have fun at the Intercontinental!!! That's my venue =)

About photographers, I second Tony Gajate... He is amazing and never mentioned here.  Of the ones you said, I really only know Munoz but don't know much about him. Also try UDS - they have awesome pictures.

I'm using Manolo Doreste InFocus Studios.  I interviewed over 10 photographers and hadn't gotten to him for some very odd reason - I don't even remember what anymore.  From the moment I walked in, I was SOLD!!!! His pictures are to die for and his personality is even better!

Godd luck and happy planning!
  • edited December 2011
    congrats!!!!!

and we r using the same colors!!! woohoo
  • edited December 2011
    im going with creative focus... band you should check out music machine, i almost went with them...we went with beth and command performance through music assoicates
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!!!! and Happy Planning!!

I know Munoz is great photography...There are a few other great ones the girls on the board are using that have what u are looking for
  • bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Karen!!!! It's me Gabi!!! This is the best board ever. You will love it here. These girls are amazing. Mazeltov again.

Trevor is my photographer and I LOVE him...and I'm using Tal productions/Shalom Band...they play all of the music you want and seriously are awesome! Let me know if you want their info.

I think you still have my #...call me if you need to
    xoxo
  • edited December 2011

Congrats and welcome!
    As for photogs, I think it depends on your budget and personal style. I am using Ryan Merrill and he is awesome! He is my 3rd photog though because I didnt do my research first and wound up losing a lot of money so really shop around! GL!

• MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats on your engagement!
  • edited December 2011
    Melissa,
    During the ceremony we want to have a flute and harp. Then for the reception a band. Thank you ladies for being so much help and I will be reading, posting, and replying to many posts. I am so excited. I am going to do my research on the photgraphers thank you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursery theme!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards