New Jersey
Options

AW Flowers

Hi everyone! Since everyone on this board is so helpful with questions I figured I would come here first.

I have an appointment with AW Flowers next Thursday for a consultation for flowers for my wedding on April 26, 2013 (they have the date available too!). First off, I'm not sure who I spoke with, but he was extremely nice. Here is my question...For my first appointment, what exactly do I need to have with me? I know I need to have a general idea of what I am looking for and budget, but is there anything that I am forgetting. Also, if any brides out there are dealing with AW Flowers I would love your feedback!

Thanks!

Re: AW Flowers

• Options
    Hello. You spoke with Adam, and he is very nice. You really don't need anything else, other than a deposit, if you decide thats the way you want to go. When I booked him, I told him my budget and he came in under it. My mockups were amazing, it was like he went into my head and saw my vision and executed it beautifully. Good luck.
    8-26-12-1-1 8-26-12-2
  • Options
    mrsR12mrsR12 member
    First Comment
    i would say have some idea of the type of flowers you want or dont want.  if you have pictures, bring them. do you know what you want for your centerpiece? we wanted tall vases and he was able to show us a few he had there for sizes.  of course he will ask for your budget and will probably go under it.  
    we saw a few other florists after him, so when we went back we put a deposit down (1/3 of the total).  
    we have our mock up tonite for our august wedding.  very excited.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agree with everything PPs said and wanted to add that Adam had also asked me for a swatch of my BM dress (maybe only because I was harping so much on how it's a unique color).  I am seeing my mockup next Tuesday so I will let you know how that goes, but so far they have been awesome!  Under budget too which was the ONLY florist to do so!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen a couple people recently post about this florist....I tried googling them but no luck.  Anyone know if they have a website?

thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ddinerddiner member
    First Comment
    we love AW and Adam!  While he is sometimes a little difficult to get on the phone, he is beyond sweet and wonderful to work with.  We went in not knowing ANYTHING about flowers and he was incredibly patient and helpful. 

For our first meeting we were a little put off because he has a photo album with some rather outdated material.  do not let this affect you.  he knows what he is doing, has great suggestions, and will let you know if something wont work or isnt in season and will be expensive. 

The second time we went in we were working on about 1 hour of sleep and were probably acting like cranky babies.  The mockups he made were GORGEOUS and he was very patient with us and really listened to what we wanted. 

our wedding is in a little over 2 weeks so we shall see, but i am extremely confident that all will look gorgeous
  • Options
    yumo29yumo29 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I plan on using AW too.  Our wedding is 10/5/13 (afternoon).  When do you think I should make an appointment with him? How many months before? thanks!
  • Options
    I called yesterday and my date was available 4/26/13, but he told me that the next day was booked already. In my opinion, it's never too early.

Thanks for all your feedback ladies!
  • Options
    mrsR12mrsR12 member
    First Comment
    meet with him first to get an idea then book him as soon as you can.  
    we booked a year ahead

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    My florist asked for a photo of my dress, so that she could style my bouquet to match.  I had an idea in my head of what I wanted, and what she created was absolutely perfect.  I realized later that had I not given her that photo, it wouldn't have been as good. 
  • Options
    I used AW for my wedding and they were wonderful!  Highly recommend!  Deff bring in some magazine clippings as examples of what you are looking for.  If you go with him, you won't be disapointed!
    Married April 27th 2012
  • Options
    Ok girls does anyone know what town they are in? Website?
  • Options
    They are located in Kearny and they have no website.
  • Options
    I Love AW Flowers Adam is amazing!! Last week I went to see my final mockup and it was GOrGeOuS!!! :)
  • Options
    mrsR12mrsR12 member
    First Comment

A W Flowers

212 Belleville Tpke  Kearny, NJ 07032
    (201) 997-8889
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards