California-Los Angeles

Engagement pics - what do I wear?

Hi ladies,
It's been awhile since I've posted, but I'm getting ready to finally do my engagement pics this Saturday.  We are planning to have our pictures at Palisades Park - right by Santa Monica.  Planning for some beach / pier / and city shots with two outfits - I don't know what to wear - any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks!

Re: Engagement pics - what do I wear?

• edited December 2011
    Good luck with your e-session. We are doing our session next week. We are doing a casual and a dressed up outfit. The first outfit will be jeans, cute top, and my chucks. The second outfit will be a dress. We chose the two looks bc they both represent us. HTH and  have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I second that!  I did jeans sandals and a button down and then I did a dress and heels.  So cute to have the different looks.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely do a causal and a more dressed up / polished look.  Jeans and some heels (if you were them) would be great - because you want to get a shoe shot somewhere in there. 
    Whatever you wear just make sure that you are comfortable so that you can relax and have a great time.  It will be a lot of fun - and this Saturday the weather is going to be gorgeous. 
    So enjoy yourself!
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try to stick to solid colors. Busy patterns don't photograph as well.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I participate in fashion shoots as a part of my job. Here are some tips I learned that might be useful:

clothes:
    > no patterns, like msmerymac said
    > don't do white or black: white blows out and black plugs up in shadows
    > stick to matt materials: satin, silk, polyester creates weird patterns

make-up/hair:
    > bring some anti-frizz stuff with you for touchups
    > use matt makeup: frosty eye shadows and bronzer with sparkle will make you look shiny and sweaty in pictures

posing:
    > move your arms away from the body slightly or they will appear wider than they are
    > lift your chin to create a lean neck
    > 3/4 view is always flattering

HAVE FUN!!!!!! I can't wait to see them.
    beta
  • adebord14adebord14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  I'm going shopping tomorrow night so hopefully I find something that just feels right - I'm planning to go with the jeans/cute top and a dress. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards