Favors
Options

Stumped for Ideas

I've read through a bunch of the posts here and you ladies seem to have great unique favor ideas.  The problem is that nothing really jumps out as "us".  So, I was wondering, what are some of your favorite and least favorite ideas for more generic favors (for lack of a better term)? 

I want something my guests will actually like, but I don't mind if something that is done a lot.  I just don't want to have favors that get left behind or trashed immediately when they get home.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Stumped for Ideas

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want something that guests will actually enjoy, you're best sticking with something edible. Most other favors (mugs, wine glasses, coasters, etc.) end up in the trash, or left at the reception.

Since you're getting married in December, you could do something winter-themed like a cocoa and cappucino bar, snowflake cookie (http://www.graciousbridal.com/decorated-iced-snowflake-cookies-wedding-favors.html), or gourmet chocolate covered pretzels (http://www.shopthegiftbasketstore.com/winter-edition-chocolate---caramel-pretzel-twists-.html).

Candy bars are also popular right now. I had one, and it was a huge hit with our guests.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are some really good ideas here:

Etsy has some great favors too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot about Beaucoup too!  I have been looking there:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a photobooth. Guests get to take home pictures of themselves, plus the guests put an extra copy in a guest book for us. I might also do a refrigerator magnet frame that the guests can put the pictures from the photobooth in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing shotglasses because my mom really wanted to do them for some reason and she paid for them, so why not? Even though we aren't big drinkers or anything, they did turn out cute.

But I went and bought some candy to put in them. Hershey's a hug and a kiss. I've heard it's been done and is cliche' and stuff, but I still thought it was a cute idea and you likewise say you don't care if other people have done it! Smile
  • Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my theme is formal italian (think food and wine) so my favors are the traditional italian jordan almonds in the flower shape:  http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUuRLyBUJj0OMnDd_Y3vW0faCHgFb-SKRXb8KcgrZ3t9-NqWsw
    i'm also handmaking wine charms (one says 'love' one says 'thank you' one has "MB" since that will be both our initials...etc) and putting them in tiny organza bags.
    Lastly, we'll have cake boxes so that people can take home cake and italian cookies.

my best advice is to go with the theme of your wedding, or something personalized to the two of you.  you can never go wrong with bride and groom cookies, or other snacks!
  • Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    some great december ideas are to make small ornaments, or bundle a hot cocoa packet with a candycane and a few marshmallows to create a 'cozy love' kind of favor. kind of like this:  http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCad4eihWr1qZkiBbrRIapwOOA0PKdDIBd0h7pG80QefdxQnzT
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    at our wedding i am using votive candles with our last initial on it.  I bought packs of glass votives with the candles already in them from walmart.  Then i put a wide piece of ribbon around it and put a sticker with our last name initial over the seam.  So if people dont want all the stuff on it after, they can take it off and still burn the candle.  GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a popcorn bar where there will be 3-5 different flavors and they can fill their bag. We also thought about doing XMAS Ale (a local brewery's best selling beer) so we might include that as well. It's very fitting of us.

Candy buffets are popular and soda buffets are as well. Make give them your favorite dessert (cookies, pie, etc)

IMO you can't go wrong with something that you eat or drink :)
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_stumped-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:2080b0b7-ff4a-4fb4-9282-25a9f58569bdPost:39adf2ca-d75c-47f0-9502-97ad01e7fadb">Re: Stumped for Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing a popcorn bar where there will be 3-5 different flavors and they can fill their bag. We also thought about doing XMAS Ale (a local brewery's best selling beer) so we might include that as well. It's very fitting of us. Candy buffets are popular and soda buffets are as well. Make give them your favorite dessert (cookies, pie, etc) IMO you can't go wrong with something that you eat or drink :)
    Posted by leahstinson[/QUOTE]

mmmmmmmmmm popcorn.  I'll be there.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    WPB2KeyLargoWPB2KeyLargo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing sea shell Christmas ornaments.  We are getting married on the beach in October.  Hopefully the ornaments will get packed away and come out each Christmas when our guests decorate their trees. I intend for it to be a nice reminder of our wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards