North Carolina

Shoe dyeing

Hi ladies, I usually hang out on the Vegas board since we are getting married there, but we live in Winston-Salem so some things just need to be done out here.

I bought dye-able white satin shoes and have no idea where to take them. I know Winston-Salem is not exactly a booming metropolis and I don't mind driving out to Charlotte or the Triangle.

Is there anyone you would suggest?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shoe dyeing

• edited December 2011
    I know they dye shoes at David's Bridal but I'm not sure if you have to purchase the shoes there or not. I know they have one in WS. GL
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah. . David's is about the only place I can really think of. Do you have a shoe-fixer-upper store? I don't know what they're called. . .

I suck, no help . . sorry

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    DB won't do it because I didn't buy the shoes from them.

The girl told me to do it in the bathtub. Ugh.

I guess I'll call FI's favorite shoe repair place. Do women in the south only wear white shoes or what?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    PPshhh I had purple wedding shoes :o)   I actually dont own ANY white shoes. . or white shirts. . .or white pants. . Im a walking accident
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_shoe-dyeing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:37497e7d-4a0e-4a72-9a2b-94000707aae2Post:d8ada670-4bb3-4d97-91ee-698210fb4469">Re: Shoe dyeing</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah. . David's is about the only place I can really think of. Do you have a <strong>shoe-fixer-upper store? I don't know what they're called.</strong> . . I suck, no help . . sorry Good luck!
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Cobbler.

Years ago I had shoes dyed from a ShoeShow type store in WS.  But I don't remember which one.  I know that's not really very helpful but what I'm trying to get at is that somewhere like that may be able to do it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Found one! FYI, Economy Shoe and Luggage in Kernersville. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards