Catholic Weddings
Options

Question on tokens of appreciation for priests

We met with a priest in NYC to do our official marriage prep, but are getting married by another priest in Cincinnati where our wedding takes place.  What is an appropriate token of appreciation to give to the priest in NYC?  I was a parishonner in his church up until a few weeks ago when I complicated everything even further and moved to Nashville.

My mom suggested I send him a thank you note and a check made out to him and say "use this how you see fit" so he can use it to buy something for himself or donate to a charity or to his parish.  Thoughts?

Re: Question on tokens of appreciation for priests

• Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with your mom, a thank you card and a check where the priest can sign the name is best because he may not be able to accept or may want to donate certain amounts to the Church.

btw, I'm a Cincinnati bride, too (obvious from my siggy), welcome to this board. :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    katetwkatetw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I like that idea. (Also interested in hearing other ones.) We're getting married in our parish, but my fiance's best friend (from a different diocese) is the priest performing the ceremony. We've done all our marriage prep with the parish priest, per the diocese rules, whom we really like, so I'd like to do something for him.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we gave a thank you card and cash.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards