Hawaii
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Etiquette

I am having a destination wedding with about 70 guests.  Since we're hosting a Welcome BBQ for all guests, we're keeping our rehearsal dinner to only immediate family and the bridal party.  What would the etiquette be for inviting the following people to the rehearsal dinner?

Our Photographer - She's flying in from Oregon to shoot our wedding.  We don't know her personally and she's not booked to shoot at the rehearsal.

Our Officiant - He's not a personal officiant.  We found him from our wedding coordinator.  Since he's at the rehearsal, does he need an invite to the rehearsal dinner?

Our wedding coordinator - I've worked with her for about a year.  She'll also be at the rehearsal.

Which of these vendors need an invite?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Etiquette

• Options
    We didn't invite any vendors to the rehearsal dinner.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    I wouldn't invite them. Our photographer came to ours but he's a friend & we wanted RD photos.
  • Options
    We decided to skip a rehearsal dinner all together!!  We had 50 guests on island with us and it just seemed odd to have a Welcome BBQ, then to exclude people just a day or two after that for a rehearsal dinner.  We did our rehearsal at our venue site and then we ended up meeting up with a bunch of our guests at a fun, informal restaurant and hung out.  I am so glad we did it this way because we didn't have to leave anyone out, it was up to them if they wanted to come  hang out or not. 

We did not invite any of our vendors to any events with the exception of our photographer and her assistant because we flew them out to HI from California - they came to our welcome BBQ but were there just as guests - no photos. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Our welcome BBQ will be at Poipu Beach State Park on Kauai.  The park has some pavilians that you can rent out (for dirt cheap).  We rented the big pavilian and we're going to bring in some drinks, snacks, and BBQ at their grill.  Hopefully it goes smoothly.
  • Options
    We aren't inviting our vendors to our rehearsal dinner. Our dinner is small with 12 ppl. We wanted to invite everyone, there's 21 of us in all, but FI's parents wouldn't go for it. The rehearsal dinner is the only thing they are paying for. So frustrating to not be able to invite our other 9 guests. However our photographer will be at the dinner. She's an old friend of mine, since 6th grade and she's photographing the whole wedding week for us. Since we don't have a full wedding party, just a MOH and 2 ushers/attendants, our rehearsal dinner will be us, our parents, FI's brother, MOH, my daughter, MOH's daughter and a couple friends who have helped with the wedding, including our friend taking the pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards