North Carolina

Sacred Heart Cathedral Brides (Raleigh)

Hi! Would like to know if there are any Sacred Heart Cathedral brides out there?  I'll be getting married there next summer and I would like to get some info from you girls.  We'll have mass and I was told it's gonna be a bit over an hour.  Then we'll have about 30 minutes to take pictures outside.  Is that right?  I'm trying to figure out how much time we have for pictures and when should the reception starts.  Thanks a bunch!!

Re: Sacred Heart Cathedral Brides (Raleigh)

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your guests will appreciate it if you limit your gap (the time between ceremony and reception) to as short a time as possible.  Or, alternately, have something for them to do during the interim.  A cocktail hour or something. 
  • CashWedding12CashWedding12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are marrying there in April. Yes, you have 30 minutes for photos and I've heard they are pretty strict about that. Remember that you also have an hour beforehand. We are only saving the ones with us together for after, and will get some outside the Cathedral when the 30 minutes is up. Our wedding is at 2; we aren't having a mass and they told us 45 min. We are having our reception start at 3, just to play it safe. It will be sort of a cocktail hour (we are only serving beer and wine, so no actual cocktails lol) with hordourves while we finish up pics. We are guessing we will get to the reception around 4ish. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks all for the response!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there April 14th! I have the 11am time slot and unfortunately am not having my reception until 6pm. Since most of my family is Catholic, this is a somewhat normal occurence at many family weddings, although not quite as long as mine. Oh well, I've got a slew of activities for them planned out! And atleast the gap is long enough where they can go sightseeing or do whatever (most of my guests are out of towners). Its such a beautiful church and I cannot wait!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards